Hamas claims majority in new Palestinian elections

catocom

flavio said:
Israeli's are fairing a little better continuing their agenda of genocide on the Palestinians so far.
The Israelis (gov) have recognized the Palestinians right to exist though,
but the Palestinians have openly said that they will never recognize Israels right. :confused:

The Israelis even gave them their own state.

Do you not see that?

paul_valaru

100% Pure Canadian Beef
flavio said:
If you want to claim something is bullshit (or other claims) and have it be meaningful at all an explanation would be a good idea. Maybe what parts/sentences are bullshit, some reason why it was bullshit, or even better supply some sort of proof that it's bullshit.

you ever hear the phrase "I am not gonna dignify that with a response"?

means I will say I think it is bullshit, but not bother debating with you, mostly couse it is a waste of time.

Inkara1

OK, I think I have this straight, but let me make sure...

If the Jews did something in 1982, it's fair game... if Saddam did something in 1988, it's not fair game.

Am I close?

flavio

Banned
catocom said:
The Israelis (gov) have recognized the Palestinians right to exist though,
but the Palestinians have openly said that they will never recognize Israels right. :confused:

The Israelis even gave them their own state.

Do you not see that?
--------------------
oh well.
I'm not a miracle worker. :lloyd:
Yeah, I guess you would have to be a miracle worker to get me to see it like that.

How would it possibly matter whether Israel recognized their right to exist while they kill, tortue, and steal their land?

Israelis gave them their state? I How do you figure? I posted plenty of evidence that shows it's difficult justify the creation of Israel in at all.

israel was created when the Zionist project encouraged massive numbers of Jews to immigrate to Palestine from other countries, they then dispossesed and expelled the native people from their land, denied them polital rights, destroyed their villages, indicriminately used torture, massacred civilians, and left hundreds of thousands of refugees homeless and starving.

That would be why they don't want to recognize Israel. You see that right? ...if you don't why not?

paul_valero said:
you ever hear the phrase "I am not gonna dignify that with a response"?

means I will say I think it is bullshit, but not bother debating with you, mostly couse it is a waste of time.
Now there's far better example of bullshit. You popped into this thread and post some random non-sensical crap and made some vague accusation of BS.

There's no way of telling what the hell you are even talking about in your posts....what people killed which Germans to justify what the Jews did? What exactly is the bullshit you were referring to and why is it BS?

If you're not going to backup, clarify, or even explain what the hell your talking about then why would you even post in the first place? Are you just trying to raise your post count?

OtherOne said:
Imagine that...terrorists calling a cease fire!!?! What will they think of next?

http://news.scotsman.com/topics.cfm?tid=13&id=165522006

Farhat As'ad, a Hamas spokesman in the West Bank, said Israel was "opening the gates of hell" by suspending the money transfers and that it would lead to greater extremism and fuel violence.
The call for cease fire is only as credible as the side making it.
You're right, Palestine calls for a cease-fire and in response Israel steals their money. Another hit to Israeli credibility.

Inkara said:
If the Jews did something in 1982, it's fair game... if Saddam did something in 1988, it's not fair game.

Am I close?
I'm still trying to figure out what made you think I said either of those.

catocom

flavio said:
Yeah, I guess you would have to be a miracle worker to get me to see it like that.

How would it possibly matter whether Israel recognized their right to exist while they kill, tortue, and steal their land?

Israelis gave them their state? I How do you figure? I posted plenty of evidence that shows it's difficult justify the creation of Israel in at all.

israel was created when the Zionist project encouraged massive numbers of Jews to immigrate to Palestine from other countries, they then dispossesed and expelled the native people from their land, denied them polital rights, destroyed their villages, indicriminately used torture, massacred civilians, and left hundreds of thousands of refugees homeless and starving.

That would be why they don't want to recognize Israel. You see that right? ...if you don't why not?
the way I see it is ....What is it NOW.
Oh sure a couple of hundred years ago, people were beheaded, and burned at the stake just for blasphemy too.
There NEVER will be peace, and that's the exact reason why...People want
to go back infinitely to prove a wrong was done somewhere.
I MY lifetime Israel has always been there.
If we went all the way back about 2000 years, the whole world's nations boundaries
would be different, and some wouldn't even exist.
There was an understanding several years back, I don't remember the year exactly,
but there was an understanding by ALL of the existing nations at the time,
that the current boundaries of the whole world would from that time on remain the same.
it was sometime after Israel was established.

So you just want to go back as far as it suits your argument, or what...
How far?

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
israel was created when the Zionist project encouraged massive numbers of Jews to immigrate to Palestine from other countries, they then dispossesed and expelled the native people from their land, denied them polital rights, destroyed their villages, indicriminately used torture, massacred civilians, and left hundreds of thousands of refugees homeless and starving

oh man, are you nuts.

flavio

Banned
catocom said:
So you just want to go back as far as it suits your argument, or what...
How far?

Is 2000 too far?
If so there's much more recent examples.

If in 1950 massive numbers of French came to the US, forced Americans from their land, massacred a ton of us, and formed a state called New France where their territories used to be in the 1700's and where still trying to take more would it still be a problem? Or would you just let it go?

catocom

flavio said:

Is 2000 too far?
If so there's much more recent examples.

If in 1950 massive numbers of French came to the US, forced Americans from their land, massacred a ton of us, and formed a state called New France where their territories used to be in the 1700's and where still trying to take more would it still be a problem? Or would you just let it go?
I can't go with a hypothetical like that, becasue I'd have grown up totally
different, and possibly in a different frame of mine, or not be here at all.
I couldn't possibly say what I'd think.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Cat, when the Egyptians booted th eJews 5000 years ago, they stole house from the Palestines...oh wait, sorry, that's been the Romans, then the Turks then the Syrians then...man, do I have to get it all the way up to the purported time of Christ?

flavio

Banned
catocom said:
the way I see it is ....What is it NOW.
If you're just concerned about NOW you must be completely over that 9/11 thing. North Korea could take over half out country and next week you'd be over it?

NOW Israel currently occupies Lebanese, Syrian, and Palestinian territory against international law and violated UN mandates. As Other One pointed out they also just started stealing large amounts of money from Palestine in repsonse to a request for a cease-fire.

catocom

9/11? what's that got to do with the situation with Israel, and the Palestinians?
If you are referring to the war of terror, that has never been resolved since then, yet.

OK, I see "NOW" basically as on 'generation'. (about 20 years)
Is that specific enough?
What happened before my lifetime should be worked out by now.
That's what "civilization" is about....trying to things worked out, not
going back 100+ years to dug some stuff up to continue a conflict.

catocom

The way I see it Flavio, what "should" happen is....
The un should step up, and say
"Hey, the original boundaries we set down in 1948 is what it's gonna be, like it or not"
And back it up.
http://encarta.msn.com/encyclopedia_761575008/Israel_(country).html+

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
catocom said:
"Hey, the original boundaries we set down in 1948 is what it's gonna be, like it or not"

How about the spoils of war they did not start but won handily? The 1967 borders are a good compromise (oh, btw, they pledged 100% of GAza & 97% of the west bank...more than the Pals asked for...nobody expects 100% of their demands to be met...and the little napoleanic fuck turned it down. They don't want a country. They want the Jews driven into the sea.

Remember the three NOs?

flavio

Banned
Gonz said:
How about the spoils of war they did not start but won handily?
"Did the Egyptians actually start the 1967 war, as Israel originally claimed? "The former Commander of the Air Force, General Ezer Weitzman, regarded as a hawk, stated that there was 'no threat of destruction' but that the attack on Egypt, Jordan and Syria was nevertheless justified so that Israel could 'exist according the scale, spirit, and quality she now embodies.'...Menahem Begin had the following remarks to make: 'In June 1967, we again had a choice. The Egyptian Army concentrations in the Sinai approaches do not prove that Nasser was really about to attack us. We must be honest with ourselves. We decided to attack him.' "Noam Chomsky, "The Fateful Triangle."

In Israeli Prime Minister Moshe Sharatt's personal diaries, there is an excerpt from May of 1955 in which he quotes Moshe Dayan as follows: "[Israel] must see the sword as the main, if not the only, instrument with which to keep its morale high and to retain its moral tension. Toward this end it may, no - it must - invent dangers, and to do this it must adopt the method of provocation-and-revenge...And above all - let us hope for a new war with the Arab countries, so that we may finally get rid of our troubles and acquire our space."Quoted in Livia Rokach, "Israel's Sacred Terrorism.""

The 1967 borders are a good compromise (oh, btw, they pledged 100% of GAza & 97% of the west bank...more than the Pals asked for...nobody expects 100% of their demands to be met...and the little napoleanic fuck turned it down. They don't want a country. They want the Jews driven into the sea.

Remember the three NOs?
""Senator [J.William Fulbright] proposed in 1970 that America should guarantee Israel's security in a formal treaty, protecting her with armed forces if necessary. In return, Israel would retire to the borders of 1967. The UN Security Council would guarantee this arrangement, and thereby bring the Soviet Union - then a supplier of arms and political aid to the Arabs - into compliance. As Israeli troops were withdrawn from the Golan Heights, the Gaza Strip and the West Bank they would be replaced by a UN peacekeeping force. Israel would agree to accept a certain number of Palestinians and the rest would be settled in a Palestinian state outside Israel. "The plan drew favorable editorial support in the United States. The proposal, however, was flatly rejected by Israel. 'The whole affair disgusted Fulbright,' writes [his biographer Randall] Woods. 'The Israelis were not even willing to act in their own self-interest.'" Allan Brownfield in "Issues of the American Council for Judaism." Fall 1997.[Ed.-This was one of many such proposals]

What happened after the 1967 war ended?

"In violation of international law, Israel has confiscated over 52 percent of the land in the West Bank and 30 percent of the Gaza Strip for military use or for settlement by Jewish civilians...From 1967 to 1982, Israel's military government demolished 1,338 Palestinian homes on the West Bank. Over this period, more than 300,000 Palestinians were detained without trial for various periods by Israeli security forces." Intifada: The Palestinian Uprising Against Israeli Occupation," ed. Lockman and Beinin.

catocom

Spoils of war thing stopped before the UN was created didn't it?
IMO Israel should have acted defensively, and that's it. That's how it is done now,
and should have been then.
At the moment the UN set the boundaries, those should have been the boundaries.
They pussied out then, just like they do now.
They either need to backup their shit, or disband.