Hasta la Vista Windows

Professur

When W95 came on the scene, I hated it, and said so. A fellow tech told me he loved it. I couldn`t believe this intelligent, competent It guy could be so foolish as to love this pile of steaming dog turds. That's when he turned to me and said "I've never made so much money in one week in my life". Really openned my eyes

GrandCaravanSE

When W95 came on the scene, I hated it, and said so. A fellow tech told me he loved it. I couldn`t believe this intelligent, competent It guy could be so foolish as to love this pile of steaming dog turds. That's when he turned to me and said "I've never made so much money in one week in my life". Really openned my eyes

ahh see what i mean,not only are people stupid, but they have money.:dance:

Professur

One key, don't get roped into home user support. You never make any money at that. I'm corporate all the way. Hell, I'm so bad with users, they don't let me support anyone below admin anymore.

Granted, when they're paying what the company charges for me, they don't need me to tell them they've screwed the pooch.

Inkara1

If you think Macs don't have problems, you've obviously never been in the newspaper business. Nothing so fun as when you're most of the way done with a page and then Quark "unexpectedly quits" for no apparent reason and is kind enough to corrupt the file for you when it does so.

GrandCaravanSE

If you think Macs don't have problems, you've obviously never been in the newspaper business. Nothing so fun as when you're most of the way done with a page and then Quark "unexpectedly quits" for no apparent reason and is kind enough to corrupt the file for you when it does so.

Ha, that is all.

Professur, i only do home because i am mostly doing buiness for friends or friends of friends.

Professur

Oooo *wince* working (paid) for friends is never a good idea (imho). If I have to fix a friend's machine .. it's a favour, to be repaid as a favour one day. Once they pay you, it's business.

pc_builder

Oooo *wince* working (paid) for friends is never a good idea (imho). If I have to fix a friend's machine .. it's a favour, to be repaid as a favour one day. Once they pay you, it's business.

That's how I work. I do pc work for friends in my spare time, too. But as a favor for a favor.

And GC, I'm sure if you try hard enough, you can break a mac os and then find ways to fix it. :D

GrandCaravanSE

That's how I work. I do pc work for friends in my spare time, too. But as a favor for a favor.

And GC, I'm sure if you try hard enough, you can break a mac os and then find ways to fix it. :D

Yea if i ever find one at the end of the driveway, i am never going out to buy one.

Well latly i have been doing friend jobs for free, i could care less about that, but Friends, of friends, i charge the "friends" deal if you know what i mean.

I like this smilie:banana:!!!