have you ever cried watching a movie?

have you ever cried watching a movie?

• yes

Votes: 14 100.0%
  • no

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

nalani

Especially the ones who are screaming their heads off! :D My mom woulda kicked my butt if I screamed .. we just don't do that *shaking my head*

I know I told y'all, or at least I think I did, but on the plane they showed "I Am Sam" and I balled and balled and balled .. the guy next to me was staring at me cause I was catching my breath between sighs :D

sbcanada

Some bastard recorded Old Yeller over our Durassic Park tape... bastards! You start the movie with this Dinosaur roaring about to eat some guy and then the theme song for Old Yeller comes on... "Come back Yeller! Best dog gone dog in the West." I'm like....... Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!! :D

Ardsgaine

Originally posted by unclehobart
If you don't cry at the end of Old Yeller... youre made of stone.

Oh, yeah. Everytime.

Worse than that, though, is The Yearling. The first time I saw it I was about 8 yrs old. I went to the movie theater with my older sister and some of our friends. Of course, us boys had to sit well away from the girls. When the movie got very sad (avoiding spoilers) we heard someone having a total breakdown, sobbing to beat the band. I look around, and who do you think it is, but my sister? Any impulse I had to cry that day was instantly squelched.

That's how I learned that if you're afraid you're about to start crying at a movie, the thing to do is catch someone else crying first and make fun of them.

nalani

Originally posted by Professur
I'm so hoping you meant to say bawled.

:D

you know what Prof? I have always misspelled that word - in as anal as I can be about these things, that's one word that I always misspell even though I know that's not how it's spelled ... "definitely" used to be the other one ... I used to spell it "definately" and I knew it wasn't right but I only recently trained my brain to spell it correctly :D

karlwb

Spocks funeral at the end StarTrek II - The Wrath of Kahn, think I was about 11 ot 12 at the time.

Ardsgaine

Originally posted by alex
I can't watch Terms of Endearment or Steel Magnolias either.

Mmm. I generally have a healthy tolerance for what many guys would consider chick flicks, movies with dialogue, plot development, characterization and no explosions... Any movie in which someone dies of cancer, though, is DOA with me.

(Dying of cancer, but getting killed in a shoot out with gunslingers is okay though.) :headbang:

Shadowfax

<b>mod cow</b>
Never really cried during a movie...I got a little watery eyes when watching certain scenes on these three movies:

- Braveheart, when they kill his newly wed wife :'( (BTW, she was REALLY hot, so that helped too :D)
- Gladiator, when Maximus returns home and sees his killed wife and son hanging somewhere...:(
- Apollo 13, when Lovell, Haise and Swigert make first contact after re-entry...damn, the music also played a great part there...I still get the shivers when I think back to that scene.
I still get the creeps when watching that part, even after the 15+ times I've seen that movie. Great movie!