HELP

Mirlyn

samcurry said:
mirl thats what i was looking for. recovery console. i know it when i sees it just dont ask for the names.:) i have had to use it extensively for linux and w2k installs. damn mbr gets screwed alot with in those cases.
your right though the command line is quicker, but alot of the people i do stuff for dont know dos so i tell them the recovery console way.
Yeah, but repair does give them the ability to keep files. Always a plus when dealing with customers/users. ;)

Nixy said:
what battery?

*scratches g\head*

I'm retarded....assumed it was a laptop. Sorry!

well it finds everything now, right?

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
yeah but it's beiung dumb...won't load set up from cd...
and i am getting a funny list to choose where i wanna boot from not "push any key to boot from cd"

Mirlyn

Nixy said:
yeah but it's beiung dumb...won't load set up from cd...
and i am getting a funny list to choose where i wanna boot from not "push any key to boot from cd"
Grey (or white) and blue list? Do you see a CDROM (ie, samsung or other manufacturer)? After choosing it you should see the "press any key"

Mirlyn

Nixy said:
oh i slected the cd rom then it did nothing
Hmmm....didn't do anything inside the case recently, I assume?

Sounds bad....does the disc even spin up? even act like its reading it?

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
i haven't been inside in months

yeah i think it did...th elight came on th cd

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
so...i unplugged eveything except primary hdd, and i also didn't have any peripherals except mouse and keyboard and monitor plugged iun and it loads into windows

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
now, i don't know what to plug in next.... it has no internet as i unplugged the net work csble

maybe i should plug that in...

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
ok, unless my speakers, my USB cord that plugs into my digicam or my printer were causing the problem then i am stumped...everything else is pulgged in...

the inside of the case was real hot when i opened it htough...i dunno

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
nah man...the only drive that has a disk is the CD Rom and that is the windows CD

there was another cd in it when i went to put the windows cd in but it is blank...i think it's a blank cd that i just never burned...

samcurry

Screwing with the code...
Staff member
nixy if the case was real hot when you opened it check the fan on your cpu and PSU, one is prolly dieing on you.

greenfreak

Nixy, I just answered your PM but you are going to get a big freakin laugh out of it! Needless to say, now I know why you were asking me what a GRUB is. I'd never heard that before as far as computers go so I thought you were talking insects. :laugh:

The only thing I can add to all this is if you have beeping and clicking and the computer sees the HD then it doesn't, you should back up anything you don't want to lose.

Then again beeping could be a heat issue too, no? Can you feel both the CPU fan and the power supply fan running?

Hey Mirlyn, I take it back. You don't seem to be a stupid American after all. :D

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
Yeah they are both running now but the PSU was damn hot when i opened the case

greenfreak

I'd back up anyway, just in case. And then maybe give it a rest to cool down a bit. Do you have a program that monitors the heat of the system and/or the CPU?

greenfreak

That PM sounds really stupid now. I thought, "Why is Nixy asking me about Grubs? Maybe she wants information on gardening or something."