Help

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
Um

Shake the mouse? If no, I'd hold down the power off button till it shuts off then turn it back on - that should do it unless it's broked.

tonksy

Yeah...the mouse did nothing. We did a restart but I know there is a way to get it outta hibernation with doing that.

Inkara1

That would be my suggestion too, since I don't think that keyboard has a little "moon" button on it.

unclehobart

I pushed the moon, slapped every effing key, tapped for a hotboot, tapped the power button, had to all but immerse the entire box into icewater to get the thing to reboot.

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
If I was a kid, I'd sooooooo be pushing that moon button. Maybe some masking tape over it? :D

unclehobart

Are you actually implying that anything that I do to a computer for the secure and good will actually stick? I thought you knew me better than that. I'm the guy that can switch the polarity of magnets with a glance... remember?

chcr

Too cute for words
It's prolly a key combination (such as Ctrl+Shift+F1). Should say in the Power Management applet in Control Panel. Might even have to look in the BIOS (you should get Steve to do that for you, I think ;) )

[Proselytizing]If you had Linux you'd just have to edit a text file.[/Proselytizing]

Professur

unclehobart said:
Are you actually implying that anything that I do to a computer for the secure and good will actually stick? I thought you knew me better than that. I'm the guy that can switch the polarity of magnets with a glance... remember?

Actually, I'd thought Steve had been over last time your keyboard went for a shit.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
Inkara1 said:
I thought those keys were missing from your keyboards specifically to prevent this.

The girls just had their keyboard changed due to the fact that the old one stopped working...