Help

woodman19_99

Yeah, can't you just pop out the hibernation button and cover the hole with something? Although, I guess that may draw the kiddies attention even more...

tonksy

I guess we can do that, they've just had this keyboard a few days......BTW, the reason it got pushed was because Mally was reaching for the volume knob and laid her little hand on the moon button on the way.

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
The computer should wake up when you hit any key. It might be a problem related to ACPI or APM.

If you want to disable the sleep key, go to control panel, energy options, then hit the advanced options tab and select "do nothing" in what to do when the suspend key is pressed.

unclehobart

The only options there are 'standby' and 'power off'. There is no seemingly obvious way to disable it from any tab within the power options.

chcr

Too cute for words
unclehobart said:
The only options there are 'standby' and 'power off'. There is no seemingly obvious way to disable it from any tab within the power options.
Look at "Advanced" (I think) under screensaver. It's been a while since I fooled with 98.

chcr

Too cute for words
unclehobart said:
Mongo no have 98. Mongo runs Win2kpro.
Right click the desktop. Screensaver tab. Power. Advanced tab. "When I press the sleep button on my..." You should set this to Stand By. Hibernate tab. Make sure "Enable Hibernation Support" is not checked.

Beat the children for making your life more complicated (optional).

Edit: Hope that helps. I don't think you can disable the sleep key in software. Maybe in BIOS.

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
I just turned on the 2kpro puter, no straightforward option to disable suspend mode.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
Leslie said:
How early are you getting up for work?! :eek:

I was up this morning to drop my bro off cause my mom was off work to have day surgery and was all not in a state to drive cause she didn't eat all day yesterday. I usually roll outta bed about 6-ish.

chcr

Too cute for words
Professur said:
You should be able to disable power management in the bios.
I didn't think disabling Power Management would do anything to suspend mode?

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
Leslie said:
She's all good now?

I was wondering, already up and browsing at 5:48 :eek:

Yeah it didn't involve any cutting...she had a scope down her stomach to try to find out why her iron levels are all wacky...she goes to see the doc in Sept for the results. He didn't see anything serious though cause he told her before hand if he did they'd deal with it that day...and he was gone when she woke up so everything musta been un-serious enough to wait til Sept.

I brought her flowers when I came home from work yesterday, they made her happy :)

HomeLAN

Yep. Remove the fuckin' moon key and seal off the divet with electrical tape. Tightly.

That's what I finally did with mine.