Hey, chcr!

Stop Laughing

NL isn't 100% finished yet, and you Braves fans should be Cubs and Phillies fans right now, cause if the Phils end up winning the Wild Card, you get the 'best of the worst' Padres in your first round matchup. Astros have a 1 game lead over the Phils going into today.

HomeLAN

OO, boy, a playoff between the Yanks and the Sox for the league championship. Who cares, you're both in the playoffs.

Unfortunately, we get Houston on Wednesday. I'd have been slightly happier with the Phils.

Stop Laughing

No, if we'd have won (Jose Macias worked just as well for the Phils as he has for us the last couple of years :rolleyes: ) and the Phils ended up with the wildcard after the tiebreaker, you'd have the Pads (82-80 making the playoffs is sickening) in an easy first round matchup.

I'll probably find myself rooting for whoever wins the Braves/Astros series as they're the only ones I even kinda like. A bit of good news: while the White Sox and Cards have home field advantage, each had a better road record than home record, so maybe this could come back to bite them in the ass...

HomeLAN

I'll admit it - the Cards scare me. One step at a time, though, gotta screw over Houston first.

Dave

i missed all 3 Red Sox games and the Patriots game this weekend. probably just as well. fewer grey hairs to content with...

chcr

Too cute for words
Hey, the Sox won two of three. One too few as it turned out, but still they're in the play-offs. After the last few years, could we wish for more than a Yanks-BoSox ALCS?

Dave

seasonal clash of the titans. does make things a little more lively around this way. not to mention the added benefit of lighter workload during the playoffs.

Inkara1

L-O-fuckin'-L

The New York Yankees will be on the road for Game 1 of their Division Series against the Los Angeles Angels. And the Bronx Bombers are crying foul about it, directing their ire against former Yankees manager Buck Showalter. Showalter removed starters Michael Young, Mark Teixeira and Hank Blalock for pinch-runners in the third inning against the Angels on Sunday. The Texas Rangers led 4-1 after three innings, but the Angels rallied for a 7-4 victory and earned home-field advantage for the first round against the Yankees with the victory.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2179632

chcr

Too cute for words
Seems not to have mattered all that much, huh?

The BoSox got spanked though, didn't they? *peepwall*