Hockey

sbcanada

Let's see if I know the American anthem...

*cough*

Oh say can you see?

By the dawn's early light?

What so proudly we hail, at the twilights last gleaming?

Who's bright stripes and bright stars?

Through the perilous fight.

O'er the ramparts...
god damnit I give up. :rofl2:

ris

thanks for covering my ass there leslie, see i don't know the uk national anthem past 'god save our gracious queen', shameful really. but then we don't have the same brand of patriotism in the uk that is often seen abroad, especially in england.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
Originally posted by sbcanada
This is CNN breaking news![/siz]

*TV shows SB in the stadium with a megaphone at a Carolina Hurricanes game*

Apparently there was some rowdy Canadian with a megaphone screaming boooooooo! during the American national anthem.

*TV shows SB running down the freeway with a mob of 10,000 people chasing after him*

:D

Yeah it's too bad that the next time the Leafs play and for atleast 3 games after the next one they will be playing a Canadian team (Ottawa)

BadBrain

Originally posted by Nixy

Yeah it's too bad that the next time the Leafs play and for atleast 3 games after the next one they will be playing a Canadian team (Ottawa)

Yes, but Carolina is playing Montreal. And last I checked Montreal is in Canada too (though some there would rather that not be the case)

greenfreak

So the idea is to retaliate by booing any American team? I thought it was to boo the NY fans because they're the ones who were the idiots in the first place.

Originally posted by greenfreak
Yes, NY fans are beyond nasty sometimes-par for the course in this city. They probably did it for the same reason the coach of the Lakers insulted the fans of the Portland Trailblazers last week-to psyche them out. Blazers wound up losing 3 straight playoff games. I'm not saying it was all because of that, but it definately riled them up.

As pissed as you are, think of how the players on the Maple Leafs felt at that, and how that might have affected their playing. Hey, considering they won, it might have helped. ;) I'm not saying they're justified, not at all, because they're not. I think it's stupid and disrespectful. But I don't know that sending a letter to the President is going to yield any results.

crickey, did jjr steal your password?:eek: :D

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
did jjr steal your password... :rofl2:

Think that booing by us will only serve to perpetuate the stupidity. If we don't reciprocate they will get bored and quit.

ris

if you do boo their anthem then you'se just acting like an ignorant new yorker ;)

i say be the bigger man/woman/indistinct gender product [delete as appropriate ;)]

sbcanada

:cool:

coldchick.jpg