How 'BOUT them tigers!!!

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
Still ahead of the WAC, tyvm.

They got outplayed. When you can't cover a back and stop a 4th and 10 to get to the BCS championship game, you don't need to be there.

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
OVC in my day. :p

To have a team lose the #1 position twice in one year, your conference has to have a team WORTHY of being #1. Twice. In the same year. Two plays, both amounting to less than 3 yards each, all season...that's how far from perfection they were. Both times it was a team in conference who beat 'em. In multiple overtime. I ain't seen that nowhere else this year. So we SEC fans will take our 8 bowl bids/2 BCS bids and maybe notice the scores of those 2-3 WAC games that get played in the first week of December.

Inkara1

A lot of pundits are projecting LSU vs. Hawaii in the Sugar Bowl. That's a matchup I'd like to see, the Hawaii offense vs. the LSU defense, AKA the unstoppable force vs. the immovable object... although Arkansas seemed to be able to score a point or two.

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
I was on TV yesterday during the Army-Navy game...for about 10 seconds. I was standing way in the back of the crowd with a bunch of other Air Force people... I'm pretty sure I was in the frame because the camera was pointed directly at me.

chcr

Too cute for words
Hawaii vs. Ohio State. It's unconscionable given the way things have gone this year that the only undefeated team in the nation doesn't have a shot at the title. Of course, many of you may remember Boise State...

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
So we SEC fans will take our 8 bowl bids/2 BCS bids and maybe notice the scores of those 2-3 WAC games that get played in the first week of December.

Make that 9 bowl bids, 2 BCS.

LSU
Georgia
Kentucky
Alabama
Auburn
Florida
Mississippi State
Arkansas
Tennessee

Only Ole Miss, Vanderbilt, and South Carolina left out.

WAC?

Inkara1

WAC: Every bowl-eligible team selected for a bowl and 1/4 of bowl-eligible teams selected for BCS.

Inkara1

4/9 in bowls. The numbers I want to see, though, are recruiting budgets.

I should also point out that the same number of teams from both conferences made it last year, with the SEC going 6-3 in bowl games (67 percent) and the WAC going 3-1 in bowl games (75 percent).

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort

I should also point out that the same number of teams from both conferences made it last year, with the SEC going 6-3 in bowl games (67 percent) and the WAC going 3-1 in bowl games (75 percent).

I should point out that 9 does not equal 4, except in Fresno apparently.

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort

Take our top 4's record against your top 4 record and see how it plays out. I know off the bat that Mississippi State is gonna get beat, plus probably Arkansas, Tennessee, and maybe Alabama.

Inkara1

I should point out that 9 does not equal 4, except in Fresno apparently.

I should point out that the sentence means that the SEC had nine teams in bowls last year as well as this year and the WAC had four teams in bowls last year as well as this year, except in east Tennessee apparently.