How can that be?

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
I thought tax cuts only helped the rich?

the prime minister has hinted that he is ready to make further tax cuts to boost the UK economy.

Of course, heis quite confused, still...

GORDON BROWN hopes to forge a partnership with President Barack Obama in Washington this week, to call for a “global new deal” to lift the world out of recession.

Times online

2minkey

bootlicker
I thought tax cuts only helped the rich?

now what gave you that crazy idea?

and wouldn't it be great for everyday, working people - who have far too long been ideologically herded into voting in the best interest of less than 1% of the population - to pay less taxes?

2minkey

bootlicker
The top 5% provide jobs. What do the bottom 95% provide?

dude, i'm in the top 5% and i don't provide shit.

more like top fraction of 1%. and they are not simply benevolent job creators.

and it's not like a little more tax on them is going to do anything. don't think so? okay. what do businesses pay taxes on?

Nicely said minkey....

Sometimes I wonder if the anti all social welfare program conservatives ever stop to think what would happen to society if it all was done away with? You'd have extreme poverty, and I'd be willing to bet the crime rate would skyrocket.

Sure there are abusers of the system but when you get down to it, the whole "welfare for people capable of working", is time limited, and accounts for like 1% of the federal spending anyway. After that you have social security for retirees and the disabled and Medicare. All of those programs provide assistance to people who really need assistance. What are they supposed to resort to other than extreme poverty, squalid living conditions, and crime....

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
dude, i'm in the top 5% and i don't provide shit.

more like top fraction of 1%. and they are not simply benevolent job creators.

and it's not like a little more tax on them is going to do anything. don't think so? okay. what do businesses pay taxes on?

Simply, it's not okay to take someone elses wealth or property. I don't care if it's Buffet or Gates or Joe the plumber.

It's not ours to take.
It's not ours to receive.

spike

Simply, it's not okay to take someone elses wealth or property. I don't care if it's Buffet or Gates or Joe the plumber.

It's not ours to take.
It's not ours to receive.

Actually taxes have been with us since the beginning. You must be thinking of some other country.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Not progessive taxes.

And, no, we didn't have income tax until the 20th century.

spike

I thought you said it wasn't ok to take someone else's wealth. That's why I pointed out that we've had taxes from the beginning. But now you seem to be nitpicking about what kind of tax you personally don't like.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
I thought you said it wasn't ok to take someone else's wealth. That's why I pointed out that we've had taxes from the beginning. But now you seem to be nitpicking about what kind of tax you personally don't like.

I answered your question. Nothing more.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
No, we haven't. Taxes on the American people is a relatively new thing.