How can that be?

spike

Sorry Gonz, there's been taxes from the beginning. We even needed them to pay for the Revolutionary War.

jimpeel

The first income tax was in 1862, and prior to that the government ran on taxable goods taxes.

Taxes on goods are Constitutional as they are excise taxes.

When the Congress first tried to impose the income tax on Americans they passed legislation and were immediately shot down by the SCotUS. They then took the step and amended the Constitution to allow the imposition of income taxes.

spike

Well, since there's been taxes from the beginning that individuals have had to pay with money (wealth) your premise "Simply, it's not okay to take someone elses wealth" is actually incorrect.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
The US did not have individual income taxes in the beginning. We didn't have property taxes either.

2minkey

bootlicker
spike, give it up. you're wrong here. i'd provide pertinent details, but why bother? others already have.

2minkey

bootlicker
imgad

i guess i am.

but he's got 25 points on his predecessor.

this banner ads are great.

lemme help, again.

gay lover lube snort salt lick penis pump big floppy vagina STDs herpes crunge hairlip twat fish taco face obama beaver brokeback hippie communist snot lick chimp wig bort.

spike

The US did not have individual income taxes in the beginning. We didn't have property taxes either.

Property taxes came along pretty quick. But your statement was that's it not ok to take other people's wealth, which we've been doing since the beginning since there has been taxes since the beginning.

So your statement was incorrect and maybe you should have said "I don't like income taxes" or something to that effect since even income taxes are Constitutional.

MrBishop

gay lover lube snort salt lick penis pump big floppy vagina STDs herpes crunge hairlip twat fish taco face obama beaver brokeback hippie communist snot lick chimp wig bort.
How we got an ad for CPE courses from all that is beyond me.

2minkey

bootlicker
well now we got this - seems like it should go in that other thread that waterboy started... but then again, given the broken record of obama complaints in damn near every thread...

imgad

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
since even income taxes are Constitutional.

Unfortunately, true.

However, your initial statement was incorrect & yes, I do dislike any tax that isn't imposed evenly. Progressive income taxes are scaled thievery. Taxes suck but can be fair. One set percentage or one set amount. We need to pay for our stamps, roads & armies after all.