how do I fix rust on my car?

Inkara1

The mountains in the pictures in the link I showed you are on the Pacific plate, which is moving north-northwest at the rate of around a centimeter a year in comparison to the North American plate. The two faults are up against each other with one going north and one south, instead of one plate slipping under the other. The scenario with the whole state (or any part of it) falling into the ocean is a giant load of shit.

One thing that's funny is watching the rest of the US point and laugh at the earthquakes out here, when there are plenty of fault lines back east capable of causing big earthquakes (New Madrid, anyone?), but without building codes that take seismic activity into consideration.

Professur

We might do that, but it'll be planned and organized as a family vacation, not as alsoran to a web reunion.

Inkara1

So, think driving with three kids in a Malibu will be as fun as in a minivan?

And does the Malibu have a/c? It would be pretty uncomfortable to drive through Kansas in the summer without it.

Professur

The Malibu has AC, and no ... it will never be the vehicle used for any long distance driving. At the worst, I'd buy a used van, drive the frak outta it, and sell it on the return.

Mirlyn

So, think driving with three kids in a Malibu will be as fun as in a minivan?

And does the Malibu have a/c? It would be pretty uncomfortable to drive through Kansas in the summer without it.

Its only uncomfortable if the windows don't work.

I rarely use A/C, even in the triple digits.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
OK, so, Prof...if the flatness is gone at the end of your journey does the memory of it still bug you or is it only if the destination is flat?

Funny enough I took a pic same idea as the one Mir posted on my work road trip today (went to Fernie, B.C. 600km return) to post and taunt you with. I'll post in a bit.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
Sorry, no pics tonight...I left the camera down in the car and I am WAY too tired to go down to the parking garage and get it.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
OK, so, Prof...if the flatness is gone at the end of your journey does the memory of it still bug you or is it only if the destination is flat?

Funny enough I took a pic same idea as the one Mir posted on my work road trip today (went to Fernie, B.C. 600km return) to post and taunt you with. I'll post in a bit.

OK so it took me awhile...but here's one of the many I took that day.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
I find it so calming, a very peaceful drive. That's heading north towards the city.