how do I fix rust on my car?

JTP

The Fightin' Cocks of South Carolina are good for a laugh, but there's a better one...gotta look it up.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
So you hate liberals...yet another reason to come to Alberta! Majority Conservative government baby!

JTP

So you hate liberals...yet another reason to come to Alberta! Majority Conservative government baby!
Who is that directed to, Nix? No hate for the liberals round here- tree-huggin bug-lovers welcome!

Professur

I may have mentioned in the past that seeing the horizon over land makes me uncomfortable. Sea doesn't bother me, but long uninterrupted stretches of land leave me decidedly irritable.

and even then .. I don't hate liberals. I frequently hate what they say and do, the flaccid excuses they call justification for making things up as they go along ... but I seldom hate the people.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
I may have mentioned in the past that seeing the horizon over land makes me uncomfortable. Sea doesn't bother me, but long uninterrupted stretches of land leave me decidedly irritable.

and even then .. I don't hate liberals. I frequently hate what they say and do, the flaccid excuses they call justification for making things up as they go along ... but I seldom hate the people.

Seriously? It's so peaceful! Granted, my favourite view is still to the west with the mountains...but the flat areas aren't so bad either.

paul_valaru

100% Pure Canadian Beef

Then turn around

Professur

Paul, exactly how is that gonna help? It's flat in every direction for hundreds of miles.

Nix, seriously. Even the rolling hills in Ireland triggered it. I need either buildings, mountains or trees.

paul_valaru

100% Pure Canadian Beef
Paul, exactly how is that gonna help? It's flat in every direction for hundreds of miles.

Nix, seriously. Even the rolling hills in Ireland triggered it. I need either buildings, mountains or trees.

3 directions are flat, the 4th is really really unflat.

Mirlyn

Never attending a BBQ in KS then, eh? ;)

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
Only when you get close enough to the mountains. The thousand miles of nothing would drive me nutz.

I think he's talking about after arriving in Calgary. Maybe you just fly in and avoid all that flat-ness to the east of us?

Professur

Mir .. host one, then we'll talk.

Nix ... me ... fly??

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Oh wait .. you're serious

Inkara1

You know, there are plenty of hills in my part of the state.

This link takes you to a photo essay of a motorcycle tour down Highway 1 from Big Sur into San Luis Obispo county (where I live) and some of the back roads around my area.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
OK, so you don't fly...but if you're gonna consider BBQing in Kansas does that mean you'd CONSIDER Calgary for a BBQ?

Mirlyn

Mir .. host one, then we'll talk.
normal_P7240045.jpg

Still sure? :p

That's not this part of the state, but our newest slogan actually is "Kansas: as big as you think!"...yeah....really...

Professur

Inky, I'm more worried about the fact that those hills aren't gonna stay where you left them.

Nixy .... I'll consider many things. If there's a BBQ with more than 2 out-of-staters showing up, I'll almost always be one of them. But I don't expect I'll do another run like the Atlanta one dragging the entire family across half the planet.

Mil, on the road, I can handle it, usually. I'm pretty focused on the driving. It's when I'm trying to relax afterwards that it'll start hitting.