how do I fix rust on my car?

Inkara1

Inky, past tense, dude. It's soon to be road worthy again. New floors and door posts already exist, just acquired a new core support and headlamp buckets to be installed early next week. After that, a few more patches to the firewall, reinstall the interior and the fenders and she's good to go.

You need to update the photos then... the ones on your photobucket show it in pretty sorry shape.

Professur

That's the before pics. The missus has had her camera with her away at the cottage all summer, and mine doesn't really show the detail. Both fenders, inner fenders, hood, cowl, dash, steering wheel, pedals ... all are off. Passenger's side has a whole new floor, most of a new firewall, and a fresh kick panel. Door post will be rebuilt as needed when I get to the rocker. Driver's side has the beginnings of a new floor, front dog leg, and the door post couldn't wait and had to be done immediately.

Professur

Almost?

Actually, I'm talking with a guy about trying to shoehorn a turbo into the mess, as opposed to trying to track down a good Camaro 3.4l

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
You should bring the kids out to Stampede next year. It's the greatest outdoor show on earth you know! There's a parade and everything too, they'd love it. We can go into the mountains, show them what real beauty is.

Inkara1

If he's going to go that far, he might as well come out to California... plenty of good camping out here and it would give the kids the chance to see the Pacific Ocean. It's different than the Atlantic.

Professur

If he's going to go that far, he might as well come out to California... plenty of good camping out here and it would give the kids the chance to see the Pacific Ocean. It's different than the Atlantic.

Me in Calif? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Inkara1

My part of the state is pretty conservative. Actually, the majority of the state is. It's just not enough population-wise to overcome the major liberal population in LA and the Bay Area to make the state vote GOP.

Professur

he has severe allergic reactions to liberals.

Liberals, low IQs and Acts of Gawd. Going somewhere where Rock Solid isn't matches up about as well as traveling to Baghdad for the Shish taouk. Superficially it might seem like a good idea, but in the long run, it's really not.

Inkara1

Well, I figure I could get shaken up once every couple of decades and move on with life knowing it will be a long, long time until the next 'big one" hits... or I can live in an area where it freezes so hard that power windows become an inconvenience and where all the signs have to be in French.

Altron

Well, I figure I could get shaken up once every couple of decades and move on with life knowing it will be a long, long time until the next 'big one" hits... or I can live in an area where it freezes so hard that power windows become an inconvenience and where all the signs have to be in French.

Or you could just move to New Jersey and not have to worry about any of that stuff!