How do you hold your mouse?

fury

Administrator
Staff member
Got me a new mouse, thanks Postal :D

Intellimouse Optical. It's a purdy white and silver. :beerbang:

I hold mine in a diagonal fashion, as shown in the attached pic. The reason for that is that there is a button on the right side that it's hard to reach when I hold my mouse in a vertical way. Surprisingly, it's actually more comfortable to hold like I am in the pic.

[attachment]187724[/attachment]

Sorry about the res and the greenage, the camera is prolly dying. (Greenie will like it though. :D)

Attachments

• mouse.jpg
    mouse.jpg
    11.2 KB · Views: 115

fury

Administrator
Staff member
It's not really a pinch, I move the mouse with my fingers. Plus the buttons on the side of the mouse are easier to hit like this. :beerbang:

unclehobart

Ah.. ok. I use a pukey $9 Logitech no frills mouse with only the upper 2 buttons. No sides... no scroll... no laserlights ... not a single luxury... Like Robinson Crusoe, as primitive as can be.

[attachment]http://www.otcentral.com/forum/attachment.php?s=4186f33ff500dcd5c283deee4c618aa6&postid=187762[/attachment]

Attachments

• picture 004.jpg
    picture 004.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 102

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
Shadowfax said:
that's...inhuman....scroll is like primary need
I know, I remember when scroll first came out, it took me like two minutes to realize the potential, now I just feel wrong if I use a plain old two button mouse. It just doesn't feel right.

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
mine doesn't have scroll either (old intellimouse v2), i hold it like Justin does.

Shadowfax

<b>mod cow</b>
:headbang:

mouse.jpg

unclehobart

I've only used a scroll mouse once.. back in January of last year. I just didn't play around with it enough to get addicted to it. I'm such a precise point, click, and drag man that I never felt the need for one.

I do want one of those optic mice though.

I guess that I could get used to a wheel mouse in time.

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
I get used to wheel quickly, i don't miss it when i don't have it thou.

fury

Administrator
Staff member
unclehobart said:
I do want one of those optic mice though.

I guess that I could get used to a wheel mouse in time.
Scroll wheels and optical eyes are two of the most genius inventions for mice in the past 10 years. Once you get used to either one, you will not go back. It will be quite difficult to use one without it.

Actually I find it difficult to use anything less than 5 buttons now.

chcr

Too cute for words
Trackman Marble+, I don't hold it at all, just rest my hand on it and move the ball with my thumb. Forefinger over left button, middle over wheel, ring over right. At work I have a trackman and a mouse plugged in in case someone needs to use my computer. You wouldn't believe how many people start sliding the trackball around the desk and can't figure out why the pointer doesn't move. :retard:

I also use a natural keyboard, and everyone who has to use my computer pisses and moans about that too. I oughtta get a Dvorak. That'd teach 'em.

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
[dirtymindedinterrupt]Holy who's got the biggest fingers thread, Batman!!! :eek: [/dirtymindedinterrupt]

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
I've got an optical wheel mouse now, I can't say I like it alot better than my non-optical, but I wouldn't buy a mouse without a wheel now, that's for sure. In fact, I nearly dumped linux immediatly when it wouldn't find my wheel. It found it on the next reboot somehow, so alls good there. I have one extra button on the side of mine now that I use for the Back button, that's another thing Linux hasn't found yet, but I can live without it, IF I have to.

As for how I hold it, I'm at work, so no pics. It's an ergonomic mouse, so I just hold it the way you are supposed to. I do have to go into the setup and change the directions it moves though, I don't usually go up when I want to go up, but more up and to the right. Luckily that's easily adjustable now.

unclehobart

Leslie said:
[dirtymindedinterrupt]Holy who's got the biggest fingers thread, Batman!!! :eek: [/dirtymindedinterrupt]
Unless we have someone around here who is as big as Fury, common sense would slide the math into his favor. The only people on this board that I know to have large hands are homeLAN and Inkara. I have broad hands... but normal length fingers.