How do you like your CPU?

fury

Administrator
Staff member
Well done?

Mine's at 76C and running stable as ever.

someone please donate a copper hs and delta screamer to me, i could set a piece of paper on fire just by touching the heatsink to it!

Post your highest operational CPU temp here.

highest ever stable 80C Athlon 900@1100 T bird, bout 2 yrs ago, soon as she hit about 82 the machine froze bluescreened and shutdown, took about 5 tries before it cooled down to restart it (with fan back on) and another 2 without windows spewing errors and blue screens.

fury said:
Well done?

someone please donate a copper hs and delta screamer to me, i could set a piece of paper on fire just by touching the heatsink to it!

all you need is either a zalman cu6000 with the 92mm or an AX-7 with a low rpm 80mm, both keep my XP@ 2370Mhz 1.71V under 52C loaded.

catocom

My 1.2-tbird used to run 70-75C all the time when I had it in
one of those mini-mid towers. Since I put it in a good full-mid
tower with 2 good case fans it runs at 50-60C depending on
the room temp.
It's the only upper end computer I have that's not running right
now. I don't think it's the CPU though. I think it's the mobo.
I got an Epox mobo from Wetling for $10. :D
He was running water cooling on it, and it ran dry one day
while he was at work, and was alarming when he got home.
It was alittle buggy when I first fired it up, but seemed to
smooth out. I used it for about 6 months as a router, and
Genoming with no major problems. Since I moved it to the
"archived" computer section, it must be pissed at me.:D
I'm looking for another cheap mobo for the CPU, hoping
that's the problem. If not I'll put in in the melted down pile with
the other 2 athlons. (maybe make keychains out of um one day):p
Then I'll slap a cheap duron 1.3 on it and send it out the door.:D

Arris

I have an SK-6 and Delta screamer sitting about doing nothing since I upgraded from Athlon C 1.4Ghz. Your in the states though so sending it to you would almost cost as much as you buying it new probably :(

I'll find out what the postage costs from the UK. Let me know if this truely of any use to you since you don't say what type of processor your running, obviously the SK-6 is for socket A.

A.B.Normal

60C ,anything higher and I have MBM set to auto shutdown.The Tower is in the same room as the Fireplace(Heating source) and the comp hasn't shutdown yet this year.Its warm out now and the fireplace isn't going and I'm at 49C running G@home 24/7.

Win98Se/Linux-Mandrake8.2/WinXP Pro
1.2ghz266DDR T-Bird @ 1.4ghz
VolcanoII /RadioShack Paste
IWILL KK266+
384 MB PC133
Matrox G450 32MB AGP
MAXTOR 30GB ATA66 7200RPM
Maxtor 60GB ATA100 7200RPM
16x DVD
6424 CDRW
Logitech Cordless Freedom Optical mouse/keyboard
Viewsonic G90f 19"
Altec Lansing ACS54 Speakers

Aunty Em

I prefer mine lightly toasted...

1 GHz TBird @ a nice stable 43C with a system temp of 34C running on a cheap standard AMD approved HS up to 1.4GHz(Coolermaster I think). Never goes over 49C and the system monitor is set to freakout over 60C.

outside looking in

<b>Registered Member</b>
My XP1600+ is running happily at 1800 MHz, full load temps ~45C. My old 1.2 Tbird @ 1.3 hit a balmy 60C under load, but ran stable.

My server XP1600+ is actually running @ 1.365 GHz (slightly underclocked) but stays below 40C with a whisper quiet HSF setup.

sbcanada

My Athlon XP 2000+ is running at 43C idle. Under load it's like 46-50C. This with the retail hs/f and not overclocked (1.67GHz). I have monster case cooling though (7 80mm fans in total).

I tried overclocking this CPU before I built the entire computer (I had this new CPU in an older computer) but ended up killing my IBM hard drive in the process. :crying4:

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
XP1800, 41 - 45 Idle, 48 to 53 load. Highest I ever had this chip was around 65. No crash though.

Professur

Fluffy, why not make a setup like TN has? Cheap water.

As for my temps, none of my machines are advanced enough to monitor temps.