How do you take the cover off of an Intellimouse Explorer

fury

Administrator
Staff member
Someone brought in their mouse and said it wasn't working, they said they had bought it 6 months ago and yesterday it just quit.

But I can't find any screws on this damn thing, where do I take it apart at?

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
Hammer.

The screw is probably under a sticker somewhere, use the tip of your screwdriver on the stickers, it should punch through.

fury

Administrator
Staff member
That was it. I just didn't notice the sticker it was under was actually a sticker. :retard:

Thanks. :beerbang:

PT

np. They hide those things for a reason you know, so people like you can't find them. :p

fury

Administrator
Staff member
Hmm, apparently it's not a screw, because my screw driver isn't driving.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
They grey pads. There are four of them. VERY carefully peel them with a x-acto knife and place them sticky side UP (they lose their stickiness VERY fast, like after two removals...). The screws are under those...

fury

Administrator
Staff member
I'm gonna hurt somebody if this turns out to be as simple as pulling it off or something... :tardbang:

Never has a component so simple proved to be such a challenge for me. :tardbang:

PT

Did you try the hammer or wall trick? Those work too. Then you just say the the laser interface seems to be broken, and it will have to be replaced. :shrug:

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
awww don't worry, I can see how it woudl be easy to make that mistake (I pulle dout my old Intelli Mouse Explorer to look at it when I read the thread).

My new mouse (Microsoft Cordless Blue Intelli Mouse) has the hologram sticker on the battery cover so that mistake can not be made with it...