how has sesame street changed your life?

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
I love Follow that bird! Sometimes I think about renting it...still...LOL

Inkara1

Know what else is interesting? Not only did we rent that movie when I was a kid... we also had to rent the VCR, too.

MiSsBeHaVinG

I loved when Bert and Ernie were fishing and Ernie would say "here fishy fishy fishy" and they would jump into the boat ..

Hey Nixy , where in Newfoundland were you from?? I am a newfie so was just curious

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
I always wondered how Oscar got a swimming pool, an elephant, and other large things to fit in his garbage can.

Remember when Big Bird hit the Big screen? "Follow That Bird"....I actually saw it at the theatre.

Oscar is actually Dr Who in disguise, and his trash can is the TARDIS...:nerd:

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
Sesame Street taught me the only Spanish I'll ever know. The sad part is, I knew more Spanish at age 6 than I recall now. On the rare occasions I have to deal with a Hispanic, it's usually on my job, and all I need to know is "INS".

loon_B4ll00N

"Come and play, everything's A-Ok...On my way, to where the air is sweeped.."

(That's the way my son used to sing it when he was tiny) - Had to add that..

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
I loved when Bert and Ernie were fishing and Ernie would say "here fishy fishy fishy" and they would jump into the boat ..

Hey Nixy , where in Newfoundland were you from?? I am a newfie so was just curious

Gros Morne

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
haha I love the "Heeere fishy fishy fishy fishy" skit! My family used to pull that one out at random times and crack up.

MiSsBeHaVinG

Beautiful area ... I live closer to the capital .. Do you come back much?... Just curious , I don't meet many newfie's online , lots of Canadians but few newfs ..

Inkara1

INS... Immigration and Naturalization Service... La Migra... the joke used to be that if you wanted to clear out a group of Mexicans, you'd just yell "LA MIGRA!" and watch them run.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
Beautiful area ... I live closer to the capital .. Do you come back much?... Just curious , I don't meet many newfie's online , lots of Canadians but few newfs ..

I visited my grandmother for 4 days over Thanksgiving...now that I'm in Alberta though I doubt I'll get back much at all.