I am mourning the death

Altron

Take a look at Infinity too. Stereophile really liked the Primus 360, and I own and really like the Beta 40.

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
Professur said:
Like I said, talk to the girl in the mailroom. They're usually lonely and friendly.

I shouldn't have said that, should I?

There's more of a difference between civil service and private sector than you realize.

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
The only ones we send are urine specimens. Whoever collected it sends it via standing account. Just call the tollfree number, schedule the pickup, and bill to the account. Everything else goes snail mail. Cheaper. Like I said, big difference between government and private sector.

Professur

SouthernN'Proud said:
The only ones we send are urine specimens. Whoever collected it sends it via standing account. Just call the tollfree number, schedule the pickup, and bill to the account. Everything else goes snail mail. Cheaper. Like I said, big difference between government and private sector.

Then ... you've already got your account number in hand. What's the problem?

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
Because when the bean counters get hold of the monthly invoice and find anything being shipped on that account besides someone's piss, I get canned. G-O-V-E-R-N-M-E-N-T. More chiefs than Indians.

Professur

SouthernN'Proud said:
Because when the bean counters get hold of the monthly invoice and find anything being shipped on that account besides someone's piss, I get canned. G-O-V-E-R-N-M-E-N-T. More chiefs than Indians.

Hence, getting authorization beforehand.

Are you deliberately trying to complicate this?

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
I'm deliberately trying to remain employed. Having something shipped to my office on a State account is not an option. I can't use it for the discount then pay the State for it myself. The old saw about "if we let one person do it..." Bean counters get their drawers all bunched up if anything out of the ordinary shows up. Given the fact that we are 49th of 50 states in compensation rate, we get the bottom of the barrel folks to start with. The man who authorizes our benefits package doesn't even speak English...so try arguing with him.

I'm telling you, it is NOT an option.

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
SouthernN'Proud said:
I'm deliberately trying to remain employed. Having something shipped to my office on a State account is not an option. I can't use it for the discount then pay the State for it myself. The old saw about "if we let one person do it..." Bean counters get their drawers all bunched up if anything out of the ordinary shows up. Given the fact that we are 49th of 50 states in compensation rate, we get the bottom of the barrel folks to start with. The man who authorizes our benefits package doesn't even speak English...so try arguing with him.

I'm telling you, it is NOT an option.

So have you tried my suggestions yet?

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
Years ago, I worked at a local radio station. As moving day approaches, I'm gonna see if they have one they wanna unload. If nothing else, I'm pretty sure the owner will let me load some empty reels with blank tape. That's why I want one with the large reel capacity...six to eight hours of tape per reel, just waiting for me to fill it up, makes me drool.

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
SouthernN'Proud said:
Years ago, I worked at a local radio station. As moving day approaches, I'm gonna see if they have one they wanna unload. If nothing else, I'm pretty sure the owner will let me load some empty reels with blank tape. That's why I want one with the large reel capacity...six to eight hours of tape per reel, just waiting for me to fill it up, makes me drool.

Sounds like a plan. :grinyes: