I am sad

K62

Ah, Hongcou..... errrrrr I mean Vancouver is BEAUTIFUL! Mountains mountains mountains everywheres you look.

I'll be out in Victoria B.C. for a few months pretty soon, can't wait.

IMG_0670.jpg

IMG_0664.jpg

It's too bad about your friend though.

AlphaTroll

I have started a list of 101 reasons NOT to move to Canada:

1. It's cold.
2. It's really cold.
3. It's fucking cold.
4. Fuck, it's COLD.
5. No Ryk Neethling.
6. No Casper de Vries.
7. It's cold and dark.
8. No Hunter's
9. No Afrikaans.

Still working on the list.

But did I mention it's cold?

paul_valaru

100% Pure Canadian Beef
AlphaTroll said:
I have started a list of 101 reasons NOT to move to Canada:

1. It's cold.
2. It's really cold.
3. It's fucking cold.
4. Fuck, it's COLD.
5. No Ryk Neethling.
6. No Casper de Vries.
7. It's cold and dark.
8. No Hunter's
9. No Afrikaans.

Still working on the list.

But did I mention it's cold?

1-4 It's not always cold, and vancouver is warmer than everywhere else

5 who wants that anyway
6 who?
7 Is NOT always dark, only at night.
8 People hunt here
9 that is a plus
10 we have hockey

AlphaTroll

paul_valaru said:
1-4 It's not always cold, and vancouver is warmer than everywhere else

Your warm and our warm differs ever so slightly :p

5 who wants that anyway

You have no clue what you're talking about eh. We can barely go through a day without our fix! (See attached pics for clarification).

8 People hunt here

Hunter's (not the apostrophe nana) is our drink of choice when we go to pubs - we get snotfaced on the stuff :D

9 that is a plus

I know that should be a joke, but I find it insulting nonetheless.

10 we have hockey

She hates hockey :p

paul_valaru

100% Pure Canadian Beef
as to the pics, we have gay men here as well, no worries.

*runs*

and as to #9 I thought you meant the language, not he the people, the people are lovely :hump: the language sounds like you are chewing glass

AlphaTroll

He is NOT gay....that is the man I intend to marry ;)

*throws random objects at Paul*

I did mean the language (and by implication the people). It's probably the most expressive language you could imagine - ask anyone who lives in SA, regardless of their own language :p

I know the gutteral 'g' sound sounds weird to some, but it's just basically the same sound as the german 'ch' as in 'ich' - Steph (the Canadian husband who is dragging her away) says the sound was easy enough to learn, but trying to incorporate it into a sentence is hell.

paul_valaru

100% Pure Canadian Beef
AlphaTroll said:
He is NOT gay....that is the man I intend to marry ;)

*throws random objects at Paul*

I did mean the language (and by implication the people). It's probably the most expressive language you could imagine - ask anyone who lives in SA, regardless of their own language :p

I know the gutteral 'g' sound sounds weird to some, but it's just basically the same sound as the german 'ch' as in 'ich' - Steph (the Canadian husband who is dragging her away) says the sound was easy enough to learn, but trying to incorporate it into a sentence is hell.

I know, it sounds like yiddish, another language I don't enjoy hearing (cause it usually means I am in trouble) and it is very expressive, and gives such great expressions as Oy Vey! you schmuck, Putz. Kish mer touchas

as well as some gems I can't say the the english versions are

I need that like another hole in the head.

If you where on fire I would not pee on you.

some old favorites

Er frest vi a ferd. - He eats like a horse

Er zol vaksen vi a tsibeleh, mit dem kop in drerd! - He should grow like an onion, with his head in the ground!

Faigelah - Bird (also used as a deragatory reference to a gay person).

Gai feifen ahfen yam! - Go peddle your fish elsewhere!

Gai shlog dein kup en vant! - Go bang your head against the wall

Gai tren zich. - Go fuck yourself

Groisser potz! - Big penis! Big prick! (deragatory or sarcastic)

Nifter-shmifter, a leben macht er? - What difference does it make as long as he makes a living? (Lit., nifter means deceased.)

paul_valaru

100% Pure Canadian Beef
AlphaTroll said:
If I were on fire, what makes you think I'd want to suffer the added indignity of having you pee on me?

means I wouldn't do something so distaste fun to you even to put it out, cause I hate you so much, it's a curse

AlphaTroll

I know what it means - I was nullifying the validity of said curse. As in - whether or not you piss on me is of no consequence - I am already burning, your addition of pee would not make a difference. And in return I was adding insult - I am already slightly embarrased at being on fire....having someone like you pee on me would make said embarrasment worse.

AlphaTroll

Er frest vi a ferd. - He eats like a horse Hy vreet soos 'n perd / hings

Er zol vaksen vi a tsibeleh, mit dem kop in drerd! - He should grow like an onion, with his head in the ground! Hy behoort soos 'n ui te groei, met sy kop in die grond

Faigelah - Bird (also used as a deragatory reference to a gay person). Voël

Gai feifen ahfen yam! - Go peddle your fish elsewhere! Gaan verkoop jpu vis elders / Gaan verkwansel jou kak êrens anders

Gai shlog dein kup en vant! - Go bang your head against the wall [Gaan slaan jou kop teen die muur[/b]

Gai tren zich. - Go fuck yourself Fok jou / Gaan fok jouself

Groisser potz! - Big penis! Big prick! (deragatory or sarcastic) Groot tottie / Groot penis / Ek dink on sal seker eintlik sê Groot voël

Nifter-shmifter, a leben macht er? - What difference does it make as long as he makes a living? (Lit., nifter means deceased.) Watse verskil maak dit, solank jy brood op die tafel sit? / Dood of te nie, solank hy brood op die tafel sit?