I did not know that.

Professur

But there's an expectation of privacy .... Lord knows I've tripped over it often enough to request my own restrictions from them.

HomeLAN

Nope. There's an expectation of privacy if the forum is put forth as private, access is totally restricted, and those with access know it's a private forum. If the forum is simply difficult to find, there's no expectation of jack-shit.

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
I could have gone by without knowing that when people drink lots of coffee, their semen burns when swallowed.

Professur

HomeLAN said:
Nope. There's an expectation of privacy if the forum is put forth as private, access is totally restricted, and those with access know it's a private forum. If the forum is simply difficult to find, there's no expectation of jack-shit.

See. That's why I threw up a blanket disclaimer to start off. People's views of what's private or not, and just what is or isn't vague enough to be considered breaking that trust is just broad enough to get me into trouble. That's why I stay out of true private rooms. Never really liked them since the Coffee Shop anyways. I'd rather an open room, off the beaten path, where a guy could go to enjoy a beer, and discuss oral sex.

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
Luis G said:
The only hidden forum is that of mods, everybody knows that. The bomb shelter is not hidden, the access is just restricted to contributors.

And apparently not all of them gain access.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
SouthernN'Proud said:
And apparently not all of them gain access.

My understanding is that it has to be manually set. If you or someone else has donated but not gained access you should contact Sammy Baby. It was probably an accidental over sight.

alex

Sammy, you should setup the subscription system. It has paypal built right in. There's not much incentive to make another donation if $5 gets you a lifetime membership to the bomb shelter....and why donate more than $5? You should set it up like this...

$5 = 1 month subscription
$10 = 4 month subscription
$20 = 1 year subscription

The subscription system will automatically cut you off at the end of your time.