i don't think we should pay for this

2minkey

bootlicker
birth control pills. screenings "ordered." either direct or by compelling insurance companies, we pay.

now i'm all for birth control. and i really like guitars too. but i don't think i should be chipping in to buy guitars for my fellow citizens.

bullshit.

catocom

more idiocracy from our government bureaucrats for sure.

Seems like some in our government thinks up "bad jokes" then makes them policy.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
This goes back to regulations.

When HMOs first came on the scene, everyone thought, "WOW! $5. to see a doctor."

Many of the PPO & individual payers said "WHOA!!!! Somethings wrong. This can't last".

It didn't.

What it did do was create a whole generation (plus their subsequent children, etc) who thought that health-tunes up (just like your car), would save them money. Who believe that if you have the sniffles, you 'd better got see a doctor (after all, it's only $20) to make sure you don't have some serious island hopping sub-tropical malady from the tse-tse fly.

Then, these twits started calling their local politicians, who also thought that healthcare is a right (as long as it got them re-elected) & told insurance companies they had damn well better cover colonoscopies & mammograms & child well-care & blah blah blah. In fact, several years ago, most insurers did not cover birth control at all. Until government forced them to put it on their plans.

If you don't shut the barn door, the fucking horses will run wild & you'll pay the damages.

2minkey

bootlicker
well, at some level... the world is too complex to keep track of everything.

if the stats show that preventative whatever will cost us less in the end, because a bunch of hayseeds ended up needing zillion dollar catastrophic care because they thought they were too smart to see the doctor once every five years...

well, okay.

but paying for lifestyle choices...

i'm all for birth control. i think a woman has a right to choose.

but not everybody shares that. and my respect for their right to have that belief - no matter how silly i find it - tells me that public monies should never go there.

2minkey

bootlicker
oh come on dude, you can't know everything about everything.

every once in a while, something needs fixing. like my athlete's foot. or the terrifying throat infection i needed antibiotics for in january. or someone to explain to me that i have notable risk factors based on family history, and that i should get occasional, specific tests. hmmm. i'm a smart guy but that one i would not have figured out on my own.

a long time ago i learned to listen to my elders. and everyone is an elder, in some particular way.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Those are two examples of broke.

The last two times I needed fixing, I had a MRI & a bunch of
electrode tests. I was told, paraphrasing, but not by much "there's
someting wrong, but we don't know what it is".

Hey, doc, why do I have these things? "Dunno, but they're not harmful".

Goodbye several thousand dollars. Hello SSDD.

2minkey

bootlicker
someday, your catastrophic care will cost the rest of us a shitload of money.

actually pretty typical for a boneheaded male. women tend to have a bunch of tiny issues that get resolved. men tend to just keel over at a certain age. oh, wait, i'm sure you don't believe me. i read that stuff in medical journals, and shit, as you've shown us, what do they know about medicine?

:rolleyes:

2minkey

bootlicker
there are shocking things in little corners of a lot of the shit that's been passed under obama.

see what we end up with when republicans appeal to "the base" and put forward halfwits like stumble_dumb hermy cain? we end up with guys like obama getting elected simply by seeming less dumb?

i'd enthusiastically vote for mccotter.... but the rest of 'em... fuck...

come on guys, give us some real choices.

ResearchMonkey

zjf2fo.jpg

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
someday, your catastrophic care will cost the rest of us a shitload of money.

Pay up, I'm due motherfucker.

actually pretty typical for a boneheaded male. women tend to have a bunch of tiny issues that get resolved. men tend to just keel over at a certain age.

If it ain't broke....

I don't get sick. Period. As I've lived my life by, I'm gonna do what I want & eat, drink & be merry for tomorrow, I get by-pass. Then I eat oats & grass. When I do have issues, the doctors can't fix them. Should I continue to pay for inadequate care?

2minkey

bootlicker
Pay up, I'm due motherfucker.

well now you just sound like an angry guy that made some bad choices.

I don't get sick. Period. As I've lived my life by, I'm gonna do what I want & eat, drink & be merry for tomorrow, I get by-pass. Then I eat oats & grass. When I do have issues, the doctors can't fix them. Should I continue to pay for inadequate care?

LOL. by your logic i should simply ask:

why would i want to pay for your care? for some blue collar slob ten years older than me?

yep, you sound just like a bitchy UAW guy. the kind my father always complained about when he occasionally had to descend into the bowels and figure out who was fucking shit up at the plant.

enjoy your bitterness.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
You don't pay for my care....oh wait, you DID vote for him.

*laughing at the foolish white boy*

2minkey

bootlicker
i'm paying for your sorry stubborn ass regardless of the structure of health care.

the fact that you don't see that... well, again, whine away mister crankyselfish UAW baggage to society.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
I am yet to whine there gawd of the liberal nw territories.

I stated irrefutable fact, and a couple of one-liners. Since we aren't
in the same healthcare system, you are yet to pay one penny towards
my failed healthcare (or the successes either). I never saw a doc under
the Teamster plan so don't even go there.

2minkey

bootlicker
ever hear of actuarial tables? ever think there might be a world outside your tiny little puddle?

ResearchMonkey

I know you believe that illegals are a great and everything. But what impact do you think they have the cost of healthcare in the US? Structure included.