I fell in love today.... again...

Jeslek

Banned
I got the opportunity to be in a Corvette. It was after 6 pm, and no cars in sight. On a short piece of road, less than 1 km, my boss floored it.

Speed limit: 50 kph (35 mph)
Attained: 150 kph or so (95 mph) (we could go faster but decided not to :p)

Lateral acceleration: roughly 0.95 Gs

Transmission: automatic

:( Gee that is such a nice car. Sure BMW is nice looking and all that, but Corvette... just touching it... so heart-warming...

gallery_major02.jpg
gallery_major10.jpg

gallery_major04.jpg
gallery_major05.jpg

HomeLAN

That's no measure. Most commissioned sales people make more then I do, with at least 60 less IQ points.

HomeLAN

I have no idea why Prof thinks he's an idiot. I just know income doesn't necessarily = intelligence.

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
Maybe for "floor it", while i like performance on cars i make no abuse of it, and i don't innecessarily expose myself or the others inside the car.

(yeah, and gf will come and say "something", i'm sure ;) )

HomeLAN said:
I have no idea why Prof thinks he's an idiot. I just know income doesn't necessarily = intelligence.

Yea, seems the higher you go, the less intelligence is about from what i seen.

Shadowfax

<b>mod cow</b>
Both statements are biased. Income isn't related to intelligence.
Income depends on the country you live in, the chances on social level you've gotten (like did your parents have enough money to even send you to school) and depends on your own social skills and motivation.

I can be the smartest guy ever, but if i live in some dump somewhere in Ghana, it's not gonna get me very far. Just to illustrate.

unclehobart

I dare say he was an idiot because he exceded the speed limit by 100kph. What are the penalties for that speed? jailtime? Brutal fine into the 1000s? car impound? drivers lic. revocation? You say it was 1 km stretch of road ... a public road. I dare say any parent with any kid under the age of 6 would have a horrified reaction to bragging up such drag racing. Kids, pets wander into the street with little warning at times. At 150kph/ aka 92-93mph your safety cushion is nonexistant. If youre going to do that kind of drag racing, you need to be out on a lonely highway on flat terrain with super long visibility all around.

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
^^Somewhat Agreeable today^^

Oh Shit, sorry, got confused, wrong thread.