I fell in love today.... again...

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
I prefer American old foggie cars, Lincoln Towncar & Cadillac over the imports but there is something about Italians sports cars..the P50 (shown above) the Countach
countach.gif
& the Testarossa
Testarossa%5B03%5D.jpg
that just says drive me hard & fast big boy.

They caren't for city driving, Shadow, they need Montana & a full tank of gas.

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
you have good taste Gonz, what about the Spider
2000ferrari.jpg
and the Murciélago
murcielago_4.jpg

outside looking in

<b>Registered Member</b>
I'll take one of these, please:

windtunnel.jpg

overhead.jpg

Perhaps not the most beautiful car in the world (though still pretty cool in a minimalist sense), but it would put a serious butt-whoopin' on any car shown so far on a track or on the road.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
OSLI, it's nice but
Which engine should I use in my Ultima?

The factory has designed the Ultima to accept the small block Chevrolet V8 from 300bhp to over 600bhp.
The factory does not recommend and cannot offer any support to customers fitting alternative engines.

OSLI said:
but it would put a serious butt-whoopin' on any car shown so far on a track or on the road.

not with those specs.

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
it is a common belief that more horsepower means more speed or acceleration, which is not true.

I bet a trailer have more than 1,000 hp, and a simple honda accord with 200hp will beat it ;)

outside looking in

<b>Registered Member</b>
Gonz said:
OSLI, it's nice but
Which engine should I use in my Ultima?

The factory has designed the Ultima to accept the small block Chevrolet V8 from 300bhp to over 600bhp.
The factory does not recommend and cannot offer any support to customers fitting alternative engines.

OSLI said:
but it would put a serious butt-whoopin' on any car shown so far on a track or on the road.

not with those specs.

The Ultima weighs in a 2300 pounds wet. With a Stock LT1, it runs 0-60 mph in 3.3 seconds.

With a half-ass decent 350 (~500 Bhp) it will run circles around any production car on the road, or on the track (or on the drag strip, for that matter).

It's light, it's stiff, it has brakes that will stop a train, and its chassis can handle just about as much power as you can dream up (1000 hp). Sure, it's not too civilized, but at a fraction of the cost of an F40/F50/F60 or McLaren, it can beat any of them.

Kurt Dobson built one for the Silver State Classic in Nevada (open road race) with a twin turbocharged "built" 350. Estimated 245 mph top speed at "only" 780 hp, and quarter mile times in the 7's at 175 mph.

There's not a production car on the road that can touch it. Of course, the Ultima isn't a production car either, but it's much cheaper than a completely custom built race car, and the fit and finish is quite good.

Spirit

Kissy Goddess
LL, baby - you had a blast! Rock on!! My friend has one of those - they're ok, but I feel like I am laying down! But hey, it turns heads!

You're both adults who consented to having some fun on the road as long as it put no one else in danger, have at 'er, sweetheart! :headbang: