I hate this time of year

Professur

We didn't come up to the cottage for a couple of weeks, and it's been cold. Well, I'm up here alone to get some work done fixing up the place for winter, and since it's so damp and chill, I fired up the woodstove. Well with the place heating up, all the flammin wasps that crept in to hibernate have come out of dormancy and are attacking the 100W lightbulbs in an effort to fry their brains out.

that's three dead so far. I'm gonna have to strip the bed to make sure I sleep alone tonight.

Professur

Dunno yet. The problem is that the stovepipe goes through the attic, and it's warming up there too. I expect more are on their way. Luckily they tend to head straight for the lights and give themselves away. then it's a one way trip to somewhere really warm.

anyone for crispy wasp nuggets?

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
We're rushing between highs in the 70s & highs in the 50s. Back & forth it goes. Lovely time to have an outdoor job. Well, at least in about 6 weeks it'll be dark & damp.

Professur

Nights here are tipping into the single digits, metric-wise. I think that lands us in the 40s, with days in the 70s.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
We had 38F last night. Back into the 50s this weekend. The rollercoaster effect is only fun in a park.

Professur

It thickens the blood, and sends the wildlife packing to survive and provide food for next year. Quit yer bitchin'. It's good for ya

Professur

noone asked you to.

Wait, i tell a lie. Everyone who's ever seen you in shorts has asked you to.

Professur

Ma Nature is a smart ol' bitch. you should really listen to Mama.

granted, I'll be in short sleeves until the first snow. But then, Mama graced me with a personal fur coat.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
I wore a coat yesterday cause it was cold...and for a few weeks now I've been pulling on my coveralls before going up on a roof or hopping on a swing stage to go up the side of the building cause once you get off the ground it's damned chilly...yesterday I found out that this weekend is the University fair (my bro is going to uni next year)...the year I went to that I wore capris and a t-shirt...Sept is so unpredictable.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
Oh, and I'm currently sitting in my room, with the window closed, in flannel PJs and I'm cold...the heat shouldn't need to be on in the city in Sept

Professur

Oh, I'll be doing a lot more than that. I was up to get some work done that couldn't be done with kids running about. Specifically, to rebuild a part of the floor, and straighten some windows that twisted when we lifted the place to put a basement underneath. Well, when I pulled off some panelling, Sweet Jesus, a running mass of screeching black : Carpenter ants. Fuck, fuck, fuck.