I hate this time of year

MrBishop

Carpenter ants are fun, eh :/

We had a wasps nest in a satellite dish's support arm. I was on my InLaw's roof replacing the 'receiver' for it, took it off and out pop the wasps. Oh joy! Stuck on a roof, waving away wasps while trying to loosen coax cables. Those posts are small, but there were at least 12-15 in there.

No stings tho' so it wasn't ALL bad.

woodman19_99

Hey Sharky, don't you guys have the brown widow spider down there now also? Or are you to far east for those little suckers?

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
Oh, I'll be doing a lot more than that. I was up to get some work done that couldn't be done with kids running about. Specifically, to rebuild a part of the floor, and straighten some windows that twisted when we lifted the place to put a basement underneath. Well, when I pulled off some panelling, Sweet Jesus, a running mass of screeching black : Carpenter ants. Fuck, fuck, fuck.

Vaporize them...:devious:

Sharky

Hey Sharky, don't you guys have the brown widow spider down there now also? Or are you to far east for those little suckers?

So far they have only been documented in the Biloxi, MS area (thank Gawd).

We have infestations of banana spiders (warning - not for the squeamish) once a year about this time. Those puppies aren't poisonous but they are about the size of your hand. Walking into one of their webs and catching one with your face is an experience you will never forget. :eek5:

We amuse ourselves by tossing crickets onto their webs and watching them pounce. :devious:

woodman19_99

So far they have only been documented in the Biloxi, MS area (thank Gawd).

We have infestations of banana spiders (warning - not for the squeamish) once a year about this time. Those puppies aren't poisonous but they are about the size of your hand. Walking into one of their webs and catching one with your face is an experience you will never forget. :eek5:

We amuse ourselves by tossing crickets onto their webs and watching them pounce. :devious:

Ah, I gotcha. I think I'll take those banana spiders over the widows anyday. Must be a hoot huckin those crickets in there...