I HATE

markjs

Banned
I hate Vista too. Seems that everyone with it brings their machine in to the shop here with nothing but complaints.

As for the IE7 vs. Firefox debate I personally have both and hate both. Some sites work better with one, and some the other, but even though Firefox is less buggy, I have had numerous occasions making online purchases where Firefox just doesn't work and I have to use IE7.

But yeah Vista, I am installing it on my machine as dual boot to learn it and to play DX10 games soon. I think I have the machine to do it, it's a 1.86GHz Core 2 Duo (Conroe) with 2GB dual Channel DDR2 667 Ram, and a GeForce 8800 320MB vidcard. Thing is it runs XP x64 lightening fast, but it should be barely adequate for Vista (bloatware).

My boss here at the shop will not build a Vista computer for someone unless the totally insist. We strongly suggest that our customers us XP for now and upgrade after Vista gets some improvements.

paul_valaru

100% Pure Canadian Beef
tell me about I talked to the guy who did it, and he said he hates microsoft, and it was on purpose, nevermind that, I said what Luis said about a patch disk being a linux CD, and they might do it.

BeardofPants

Use firefox, get rid of IE.

Can't - I don't have administrative rights on the 'internet machine' (since I work for the defence force, we're not allowed the internet on our machines cos of the potential for security breaches). :shrug: I normally use safari on my home comp, but I also have firefox installed as well.

BeardofPants

TONKS!

As a not-native of winders related stuff, how do you turn off that god-awful prompt within IE when you hit an 'unsecure' site like gmail? It's fucking me off no end.

Adding the site to trusted sites does not work. Here's what does:

Open IE.
From the top menu, click on "Tools" and then on "Internet Options".
Click the "Security" tab.
Click the "Custom Level " button.
Scroll down to the "Miscellaneous" section.
Change "Display mixed content" to Enable.
Click the "OK" button.
You will see a pop-up that asks "Are you sure that you want to change the security settings for this zone?" Click "Yes".
Click the "OK" button.