I have heard

Dave

i'm going to wait for the PS version. i hardly ever use the computer for games anymore.

Shadowfax

<b>mod cow</b>
can only run it on the lowest quality...everything tuned down as much as possible. but FUCK, that's one scary game :eek:

HomeLAN

Solutions have been found. I just carved out a 6 gig partition, and I'll set up a dual boot with 2k pro this weekend.

IDLEchild

Holy Christ.....how much juice does this fucker need to run?

2.8ghz P4 doesn't seem to be enough for this puppy to run smoothly at 1280X1024.

Beautiful graphics though.....but still....I can't even imagine running this game at anything under 2.5ghz.....it barely runs at eye candy quality on Recommended specs.

Did anyone else also have a 49 minutes long Installation? 49 minutes??? Damn.

But so far looks good besides the rude ass fucker employees and anti-social guards...I hope they die, all of em.

samcurry

Screwing with the code...
Staff member
IC how much ram you have? You really need 512 to start and 1 gig to run at higher resolutions.

IDLEchild

samcurry said:
IC how much ram you have? You really need 512 to start and 1 gig to run at higher resolutions.

512...oh I see why now.

Oh well...I had to scarifice and run at 1158X1078 at medium quality. Still looks gorgeous though but runs a lot smoother.

Does anyone also notice how many cheap deaths this game has. I understand that darkness is an important tool employed in the game but when strong enemies appear out of nowhere it really gets annoying.

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
IDLEchild said:
512...oh I see why now.

Oh well...I had to scarifice and run at 1158X1078 at medium quality. Still looks gorgeous though but runs a lot smoother.

Does anyone also notice how many cheap deaths this game has. I understand that darkness is an important tool employed in the game but when strong enemies appear out of nowhere it really gets annoying.

Have you tried 'tweaking' your gamma?

IDLEchild

Gato_Solo said:
Have you tried 'tweaking' your gamma?

No, its not that.

The game forces you into darkness as a scare tactic...many rooms lights go out as soon as you enter them and many rooms have been ravaged by monsters so they have no lights to begin with....you're suppose to use a flashlight but I am too lazy I guess.

Shadowfax

<b>mod cow</b>
yeah. they assume you're switching from weapon to flashlight and vice versa the entire time. fucking creepy sometimes though...:D

Kruz

I don't think I'll have any problems running the game in high res... but I may have to upgrade soon...

"AthlonXP 1700+ (JIUHB) @ 2.42gig (220x11)
Epox 8RDA3+ Nforce2 Ultra 400 Mobo
768MB Mushkin PC3000
GeForceFX 5950 Ultra
Thermalright SLK-800\Vantec Tornado 85cfm fan
Thermaltake Xaser III V1000A Case
Antec 350w True Blue P/S"

Inkara1

If need be, I think I could give the old, used, unwanted motherboard, CPU, RAM, cooling hardware and video card a good, loving home... you know, if you're just going to toss it out on the street.

HomeLAN

512 MB RAM, and it runs quite nicely with all the spanglies turned on. A little hesitattion when opening new rooms, but not much at all.

I think your CPU and Video card are going to be more of a contributor than you might think.

Unfortunately, my curse remains. 30 minutes of FPS play, and I'm nauseous...

Kawaii

This game rocks, though i think it's kind of repetative. It runs quite nicely on 640x480 on medium, these are my specs:
P4 2.4Ghz Northwood
Kingston 512mb DDRAM PC3200
HiS Radeon 9600 128MB

MrBishop

ResearchMonkey said:
oooooh specs :D.

My main rig, (the one I don't even like my wife using ;) )

• Win2K3 enterprise, and XP devils own upto SP3
  • P4 2.6c @ 3.4GHz (on air w/AS, stock HSF)
  • ASUS P4C800E-Dlx
  • 1gig (2x512) XMS4000 Corsair Memory (Mem with Bling-Bling)
  • ATI Radeon 9700Pro AIW 128megs (with a small OC on it)
  • Seagate 160gig SATA-150 , WD 200gig , WD 80gig.
  • Sony DVD±RW Drive
  • DRX510UL firewire, HP CD burner, 72x CD-ROM
  • Hercules 7.1 optical sound (pumped thru a Sony ES constant 1100w amp, Boston Acoustic 7.1) or small Yamaha PC speakers.
  • Optical Mouse and an ol'timey IBM clackity-clack KB
  • Two additional 92mm fans, no case.
  • (I have on occasion used the 36' Wega for a moniotor)

I am so looking forward to this next build.. ;D

Anyone looking to build a P4 rig, look into this MoBo as your first option.

:crying:

Damn!! and this is what oyur wife letcha buy??

I need a budget! I need a computer that rocks...

I'm running a ATH 750 T-Bird with 128mb PC100 ram and a 30GB HD. My best toy is a video-card (128mb card) and my scanner 12,000 SPI.

IDLEchild

Kawaii said:
This game rocks, though i think it's kind of repetative.

Yeah....after going through the same looking room for the 50th time it tends to get weary like that.

I hope it changes enviroments soon.