Status
Not open for further replies.

never2muchRAM

Shadowfax said:
i wonder where a13antichrist is....
apparently, not at home.

from hwc:
Originally posted by a13antichrist
Locked myself outta the house on Friday night & flatmates were all away until last night (Monday).. I felt special..

i'm tryin to get him to come by and say what's up.

a13antichrist

I is in Paris, is all.

An' I ain't sayin' nuttin until someone tells this guy [edited] G

:p

PuterTutor said:
a13antichrist said:
PuterTutor said:
a13antichrist said:
---
flavio's eg:
50 percent of the soda is Pepsi.
50 percent of the soda belongs to John.
By the law of statistics, 50 percent of the Pepsi belongs to John.
------

Even though we're past it, I'm going to point out anyway that flavio's example was NOT based on only one subject and is a perfectly statistical example.

I'll explain why you're wrong for anyone who's too retarded to figure it out for themselves. [...]
[end quote a13antichrist]

a13antichrist said:
Did you even think about it? Or did you just blindly decide you're right no matter what?
[end quote a13antichrist]

Did you? If so, please explain to me how John is more than one subject and how that is a perfect statistical example. My guess is that you didn't even read the entire thread and are just blowing smoke out your ass trying to save face, but that's just my opinion, not an analysis.

You're right in as much that John is only person. However, he is NOT the subject of the statistical information. What if the example had read "50% of soda is green"? Are you going to claim that "green" would then be the subject of the investigation? The subject is the soda, of which you are dealing with 100% - a population survey.
"Belongs to John" is a characteristic of the soda, one which is true for 50% of the soda. No-one is asking any questions of John whatsoever, which would obvioulsyh be required if he were to be a subject.
If the statement had read, "We asked like John if he likes Pepsi. John hates Pepsi, therefore statistically 100% of people hate Pepsï", then John would be the only subject. If you had picked up randomly two cans of soda, one of which belonged to John and one of which didn't (and it also happend to be green) and you made the conclusion that 50% of soda belongs to John and that 50% of soda is also green, then you would be basing your investigation on two subjects and your results would indeed be higly questionable. But the soda is still the subject here, not John.

No, on second thought, cancel that. Are you really that damn stubborn to sit here and argue when you know you are wrong? How on earth can you compare a study of a population of millions to a study with a population of 1?

etc, etc.

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
* is disappointed that we can't seem to communicate without infantile name-calling.

:mope:

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Wdeep is ass deep in problems & may not be anywhere for some time to come. He's even disappeared at OCN :shrug:

A13, vB makes this wonderful button...it's titled ignore & it works wonders on the blood pressure ;)

a13antichrist

OCN you mean Gonz.. ;)

And ignore would be precisely the opposite of what I would want - if I couldn't see his posts, I wouldn't be able to point out future occurences[edited] G:D

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
constructive critisism is a wonderful thing...

name calling is just destructive.

a13antichrist

"Retard" is one of those terribly useful words that while being not outwardly constructive, it does place you in a definite category that lets you know something is not the way it should be. I agree, "dickhead" is not terribly useful. "Retard" most certainly is.

RD_151

poor wdeep :( So things are worse than before even?

See ol' man, you shouldn't get so upset. You could be in wdeep's position, then you would have a REAL reason to complain!

a13antichrist

Well actually after all the help that was offered him and him not once getting off his arse to try and sort himself out, he doesn't really have a reason to complain either.. :shrug:

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
a13antichrist said:
"Retard" is one of those terribly useful words that while being not outwardly constructive, it does place you in a definite category that lets you know something is not the way it should be. I agree, "dickhead" is not terribly useful. "Retard" most certainly is.
Having my son, who is extremely bright and personable but who unfortunately has a major speech problem, come home daily crying his eyes out from being called a retard among other things has probably made me a little more sensitive to that word in particular than other people may be, but the word is not my issue as much as the plain feeling that as adults, there are much better ways to communicate, and that this board needs to be a place where people can come as a happy escape, to chat and learn and discuss, not a place where one is clicking on threads in apprehension wondering what they're being called today.

a13antichrist

There's no apprehension, PT knows exactly what he'll be called. :p

Okay, just for you, I'll rephrase my post above:

"[...] until PT is made aware that his intellectual capacity as demonstrated in the below example is woefully inadequate - far below the standards that one would expect from an open-minded, laterally-thinking individual, and disturbingly insufficient given that he claims to have a degree in the very subject matter concerned."

Better?

Status
Not open for further replies.