I quit smoking today...

Mare

I can't wait to see what things really taste like again, can't wait to actually feel like I'm getting a lungful of air. I am excited about that.

I just gotta get through this first

Hand tight Leslie-its a bumpy road babe-but you can beat this thing...its ruff with the kids and stress of everyday life and just plain suck, but I have faith in ya.... :worship: :headbang: :wink2:
just remember you can always do this, when things get to bad :banghead:
(just joking) or this, :banana2: (Oh, wait, that might want you to light up-never mind)
Anyway-best of luck to ya babe..... :winkkiss:

Gotnolegs

I have gone for 15 months now. I love it.

I don't wake up in the middle of night wheezing any more. Food tastes good, I also took up running and now I don't have abs like a binbag full of water!

Keep it up!

IDLEchild

I started smoking today....good stuff.

The smooth flavor kicking in after some virgin lung coughs.....I plan to be customer of Marlboro for a while.

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
IDLEchild said:
I started smoking today....good stuff.

The smooth flavor kicking in after some virgin lung coughs.....I plan to be customer of Marlboro for a while.
I do hope this is an attempt at humor.

IDLEchild

PuterTutor said:

You know the thing is, to me, smoking looks really cool. Yes we all know the health benefits are nigh but damn it just looks so cool.

We all die anyway....might as well die looking cool.

PT

Ah fuck it. If you're gonna smoke then, you should really try Camel, non filter. On the weekends though see if you can get ahold of some Clove ciggys. They're way better and look way cooler.

PT

Ooo... And some Copenhagen. You'll need some method of getting that nicotine when you can't smoke. And hey, I hear mouth cancer is coming back in. :wink2:

Inkara1

PuterTutor said:
On the weekends though see if you can get ahold of some Clove ciggys.
Plus, they don't have the chemicals added that make them keep burning, like regular cigarettes do. With a normal cig, when you walk away for a few minutes it keeps burning, and is wasted. With a clove cig, when you walk away for a few minutes, it will go out. You just re-light it when you get back to it and a lot less is wasted that way.

Shadowfax

<b>mod cow</b>
PuterTutor said:

sounds more like pointing out how weird this discussion is. you never hear people saying "look at me, i started smoking :cool:"

furthermore, did you ever hear people saying "i quit eating junk food in enormous amounts!" or "i'm clean for two weeks on burgers now :cool:"

note: a hell of a lot more people die from obesitas than smoking. or lack of physical excersize...

just pointing out that you should look at things a bit relatively ;)

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Funnier still, more people are getting fatter because they quit smoking, thereby eliminating any benefits of stopping cigs. *raises hand to attest*