I quit smoking today...

Q

Bring your plastic, them babies ain't cheap :D

*also, I highly recommend those sporty little paper umbrellas, as they make whatever you happen to be drinking taste even more delightful* :D:D:D

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
:rofl2:

It won't be cheap, but hot damn it'll be worth every cent! :D I've never had a better drink than a good Long Island. :headbang:

And of course, a drink just isn't the same without the pink umbrella!

fight it man, i'm on the verge of ripping up that pack of coffin nails myself soon, gotta quit one day, cut down alot :cool:

kuulani

Speaking of Long Island Ice Tea, a friend ordered one at a sushi bar the other night, and I toasted you with my glass of water, greenie :D

freako104

Originally posted by Justintime
fight it man, i'm on the verge of ripping up that pack of coffin nails myself soon, gotta quit one day, cut down alot :cool:

i am fighting it but i need one see i quit cold turky from marlboro reds 100s which were addictive as hell. and they made great stress relievers too

tarez

That happened to my dad, but when he had to stop for surgery he never went back again :) Keep up the fight ya'll :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
Originally posted by Justintime
alot of my friends who quit said " one can't hurt" , and ended up back into the habit :(

Happened to me, a few times, one time i had 6 months without smoking, and ended up smoking once again because of the famous "one can't hurt" or "i quit it, i can do it again". yeah right :rolleyes:

freako104

you know my neighbours told me the exact saem thing if i smoke even one ill get back into it and that i shouldnt do that.

Shadowfax

<b>mod cow</b>
And Leslie, still hangin' in there? Still of the cigarettes?

I hope so! At least I still am :)
It's good to be able to breathe normally, have a good sense of smell..and most of all: be able to get to some serious sporting without having to constant feeling of dying :D

I'm sporting like hell at the moment; it makes me feel good and most of all: it gives me a very good reason not to smoke. Sounds weak perhaps, needing such a reason, but it only has benefits for me at the moment! I'm pretty positive I can keep up with this. Hopefully, so are you :)

freako104

as far as i know cigs shouldnt affect your taste buds htough i will admit its easier to breathe since i quit.

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
Originally posted by freako104
as far as i know cigs shouldnt affect your taste buds htough i will admit its easier to breathe since i quit.

Yes, while smoking your taste and smelling capabilities are minimal. They come back when you quit.