I quit smoking today...

karlwb

Originally posted by karlwb
Keep it up!! :D

I lost a good friend to cancer last week, and have lost other members of my family to cancer, probably caused by smoking.

I'd rather not loose any more frends in the same manner.

don't give up giving up.

Karl

Sorry, just had to repeat my self.

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
:headbang:

Cigarret's advertising risks should say: "smoking increases dramatically the posibility of dying"

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
Here they do! :D

There is no tv or print advertising allowed, no coupons, and no discounts allowed either. They are also in the process of banning all sponsorship of public events by tobacco companies as well.

On every package there is a frightening message and a revolting/scary picture to go with it, you can look here, click on the messages to see the pics and the full text on each pack. :eek:

Luis G

Staff member
The warnings in here are similar...

But no single warning says: "if you smoke you'll die, for sure", nor the other warning i posted before

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
No I guess they don't, but it's a start. :D Here they hit people in the vanity - the mouth cancer one is grody :sick: , the impotence one seems to hit home with men, and the quit rate has jumped since the pictures came out. So that's something.

Luis G

Staff member
Wow, canadians read the warnings.......unfortunately, mexicans don't....

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
You can't help it here, the picture must take up 50% of the package. It is in your face. :D

They were collectors items for awhile, but the point is getting across for those who are ready, those who aren't wouldn't quit anyway.

Luis G

Staff member
They should change the brand as well:
Camel = Camdeath
**unable to follow the list....brain overload**

Palabras del dia:[/]
love = amor
to love = amar
[/size]

Shadowfax

<b>mod cow</b>
Originally posted by greenfreak

Changes Your Body Goes Through When You Quit Smoking

I'll save that list....by coïncidence, I decided to quit smoking a week ago. Threw away half a package, and stopped just out of the blue. It just didn't taste that good anymore.

Reading all those benefits motivate me even more not to smoke :)
I know I don't have to smoke even 1 cigarette, ot otherwise I'll start immediately again.
Made that mistake after quitting smoking for three years...1 cigarette ruined it all. Won't let that happen again!

equinoxe3d

Originally posted by L. Summerton
You can't help it here, the picture must take up 50% of the package. It is in your face. :D

They were collectors items for awhile, but the point is getting across for those who are ready, those who aren't wouldn't quit anyway.

Yep, and I've seen sold some coverages for package that hides the text and displays things like "bla bla bla" or "Smoke can conserve meat" instead...

Damn smoke industry :rolleyes:

Luis G

Staff member
** wish i was her husband ** :D :D

Leslie, you're still clean, right ??
16 days, and still rocking!!! :headbang:

Q

Originally posted by L. Summerton
:D Ya never know, I might have to flee from these monsters and take you up on that sometime :headbang:

:confuse3: What's in a real one? I have one bartender here who makes me really good ones, not the crap you get at most bars, but I don't know what's in a real one.
Vodka, Gin, Tequilia, Triple sec, Rum, a splash of coke and a splash of sour mix:beerdrnk: