I quit smoking today...

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
:) I'm hanging in, by a thread, but hanging in nevertheless. It's not so bad now, I did go buy the gum to get me through the mornings, I don't feel like :errrr: anymore, so that's something. The beast hasn't yet left though, and hubby worked an awful lot this week for some reason :confuse3:

:laugh:

Thanks for noticing!

Originally posted by L. Summerton
Thanks for noticing!

Leslie, take a deep breath & go out with your husband. You've watched the Winnie the Pooh movies one time too many. Eyeore:thank's for noticing me :biker:

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
:rofl2:

Yes, I always do feel sorry for poor Eeyore! :D

That's sound advice, I think I'll take you up on it. I could use a few Long Islands tonight, I think :headbang:

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
:D Ya never know, I might have to flee from these monsters and take you up on that sometime :headbang:

:confuse3: What's in a real one? I have one bartender here who makes me really good ones, not the crap you get at most bars, but I don't know what's in a real one.

greenfreak

I don't either. But since it's named after where I live, I figured you could take special pride in having one at the source. :D

It's raining hard outside now but it might clear up later. We can go hang out on the boardwalk. :cool:

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
Originally posted by L. Summerton
It's not so bad now, I did go buy the gum to get me through the mornings.

Take my advice......stop the gums, you don't need nicotine (and you could end up being addicted to those gums)....better yet, if you're going to buy gums don't buy nicotine ones.

Words of th day.
word = palabra
of = de
the = el/la (i must remind you that sustantives are male/female too)
day = día (with that little line above the i)
the complete sentence would be: palabra de el día, but "de el" is incorrect and should be replaced for del: palabra del día
[/size]

kuulani

Originally posted by greenfreak
I don't either. But since it's named after where I live, I figured you could take special pride in having one at the source. :D

Stand proud, greenie!! :D

karlwb

Keep it up!! :D

I lost a good friend to cancer last week, and have lost other members of my family to cancer, probably caused by smoking.

I'd rather not loose any more frends in the same manner.

don't give up giving up.

Karl

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
funny side issue - i've quit, and now I seem to have developed pleurisy. (a little lung infection) :rolleyes:

Thinking positive though! And it's definitely better than cancer! :D :headbang:

ris

you may find that you get the odd little lung/throat infection while things recover and can be got to by bacteria. glad to hear you've stuck to it! :)

greenfreak

Pleurisy is a bitch-makes it tough to breathe sometimes, huh? Like I said, your lungs are repenting--you'll get through it. I couldn't continue smoking when I developed bronchitis and later, walking pneumonia-I just couldn't smoke when I was sick. That might act as a deterrent for you-you won't want to smoke when you can't breathe to begin with??

I hope you feel better. :) Stay strong, you went through childbirth for God's sake, you can do this. :)

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
I'm definitely getting there. Sick never stopped me from smoking, I was always that desperate - through other bouts of pleurisy, strep throat, anything. :rolleyes:

But now I'm feeling better physically and can reason out that I don't want to pollute myself again, so it is a good incentive, and it is getting easier to cope with. The little voices in my head are fading now. :D

I think childbirth was easier, drugfree though it was :laugh: