I quit smoking today...

fury

Administrator
Staff member
You're doing great, Leslie :headbang:

My mom has to quit, and she's taking the taper-off approach... she used to smoke 2-3 packs a day... The past couple days, she has only taken a few puffs of one cigarette then put it out. Too bad she had to take a few trips to the hospital before figuring this out :(

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
Thanks, fury! :errrr: :D

Did your mom try the gum? That might help her ease off a bit without actually using the cigarettes.

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
At least in my case, i know that what used to need was a cigarrete not nicotine, those gums and patch doesn't work.

G

Qutting cold turkey is much more effective than trying to taper off. I quit beer cold turkey and have never went back to it since.

greenfreak

My Mom quit smoking after 30 years with the nicorrette gum. It worked for her for 10 years. Until she just started again last year. That pissed me off to no end. :mad2:

i used to go heavy heavy on the alchohol as well, gettin drunk everyday in college (nights) even puttin rum in my coffe thermoflask, and smoked weed heavily (8 spliffs a day).
Though i guess thats more of an adolecent ego thing than addiction, soon as i sorted myself i only get a little drunk now and then (twice a month at most) and maybe smoke some chronic once or twice a week if ever. Gonna try quitting smoking, cut down to maybe 4-7 cigs a day now.

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
:errrr: I'm doing it! I don't like it right now but I'm doing it! I'll be glad of it later. :D :headbang:

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
Originally posted by unclehobart
You missed something between at the 36 hour mark. Theres the suicial/assaultive/stabbing beast that breaks out and breaks the bones of anything at hand.
:eek: I think I'm there now... :cuss:

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
They've all been warned that mommy has a BAD headache and is VERY grumpy, so are being wise and staying clear. Poor hubby is in the crossfire though :laugh: Good job we have a "no hitting" policy in force. ;)

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
I'm extrememly proud of you, leslie. You're doing quite well, and, with a little perseverance, you'll get that monkey off your back. Just remember not to start again. I quit for 6 months before, and started again. :( Don't make the same mistake I made, okay? ;)

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
:) Thanks everyone for your support, I'm finding this thread amazingly helpful! :headbang:

The beast has not yet been exorcised though. Hubby fled to work 8 hours early today... :( :laugh:

kuulani

Originally posted by L. Summerton
The beast has not yet been exorcised though. Hubby fled to work 8 hours early today... :( :laugh:

Be gone from Leslie, you beast, back to the fires with you :whip:

Poor hubby ... my aloha goes out to him too :D