I want to see

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
HomeLAN said:
http://spot.fho-emden.de/alge/museum/gif/netscape.gif

I want to see chili cheese fries, with visible jalepenos.

First netscape version was 0.9 for all I know, and the project was code named Mozilla, even the Netscape page had a dragon in the early pages. Still good to see those times :D :D

btw, I still have a diskette with nsac mosaic somewhere :D

edit: The pic you posted is satisfactory, go on with the game.

Luis G said:
First netscape version was 0.9 for all I know, and the project was code named Mozilla, even the Netscape page had a dragon in the early pages. Still good to see those times :D :D

btw, I still have a diskette with nsac mosaic somewhere :D

edit: The pic you posted is satisfactory, go on with the game.

:eek2: dam that is old :D

Inkara1

I remember when I first got online in 1996. Back then, Netscape 1.0 (or was it 1.1?), Eudora Light and Trumpet Winsock all fit on one floppy disk. Netscape 1.2 was the big one... it pushed it all to two floppy disks... but replaced the blue "N" that moved in and out when the page was loading with the more familiar, newer loho, and added support for tables and background colors and images. I think that's when the blink tag came about too.

Inkara1 said:
I remember when I first got online in 1996. Back then, Netscape 1.0 (or was it 1.1?), Eudora Light and Trumpet Winsock all fit on one floppy disk. Netscape 1.2 was the big one... it pushed it all to two floppy disks... but replaced the blue "N" that moved in and out when the page was loading with the more familiar, newer loho, and added support for tables and background colors and images. I think that's when the blink tag came about too.

:blow:

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
I remember how scary it was getting WordPerfect. That upgrade from the big ole word processor was terrifying. And then the whole mouse thing!! :eek13:

MrBishop

Inkara1 said:
I still have Winsock on a 5 1/4 somewhere around here...for old times sake.. Then again, I've got my old 300BAUD and a copy of my GEnie book too :)

GEnie was an online service created by General Electric that ran from 1985 through the end of 1999. Although it was one of the pioneering services in the field, it never grew beyond about 100,000 users and was eventually felled by competition from graphics-based services, most notably AOL.
F'n AOL (Assholes on Line). When AOL finally released their users onto the 'net instead of their onw intranet... you couldn't go anywhere without some idiot asking the same damn quesitons that you'd already been asked 30 times earlier.

I'm sure that this is where RTFM was born :)