"Illegal alien" is a racist phrase

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
I admit it. I'm guilty.

I wasn't watching, and while my attention was focused elsewhere, things seem to have shifted.

Time was, a man could call something what it was. Lazy. Fat. Illegal. Ugly. Disabled. Perverted.

Not anymore.

I've said it before, and I'll say it now. If we as a nation were to enact the border security that other nations enact, this would not have become a problem. We have no one but ourselves to blame for this.

MrBishop

If they calling someone an 'illegal alien' and they're not...yup, that's a racial slur.

If the guy's a 3rd generation American who happens to be of hispanic decent and you're calling 'illegal alien' ...its pretty much the same as calling someone a thief...but you're doing it because of his looks.

If he IS an illegal alien and you know it... there is no slur and the suit shouldn't float for more than a few seconds in court.

Winky

Fuckin' beanners?

I say that under my breath multiple times a day.

Callin' a spade a spade tis the American way.

And ain't no GD commie-lib ever gonna change
it, so hep me Gawd!

Winky

Oh and there's the old time stand by
(rather dated and no longer used)

Wetbacks!

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
MrBishop said:
If they calling someone an 'illegal alien' and they're not...yup, that's a racial slur.

If the guy's a 3rd generation American who happens to be of hispanic decent and you're calling 'illegal alien' ...its pretty much the same as calling someone a thief...but you're doing it because of his looks.

If he IS an illegal alien and you know it... there is no slur and the suit shouldn't float for more than a few seconds in court.

What is racist about the word illegal?

Winky

Why are they illegal?

They are people too.

Just wanting a beeter life!

If you say illegal alien does some guy that swan here
from scandanavia come to mind no no no

you know yer talkin' about a beanner!

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Winky said:
Oh and there's the old time stand by
(rather dated and no longer used)

Wetbacks!

My personal favorite. It implies that instead of crossing at the bridge, like good wannabe citizens, they swam underneath, skipping the legal part.

As far as what we call them...Illegal Immigrant is inaccurate...immigrants are interested in our culture, not theirs.

HomeLAN

Immigration is a legal process. These folks decided to bypass it. Therefore, they're not immigrants, they're aliens - and illegal ones at that.

Call it what it is.

Professur

HomeLAN said:
Immigration is a legal process. These folks decided to bypass it. Therefore, they're not immigrants, they're aliens - and illegal ones at that.

Call it what it is.

But, but .... it hurts their feelings.

I'm gonna sit quietly as not all the ex-cons line up to sue the prison system for labelling them.

highwayman

Winky said:
Fuckin' beanners?

I say that under my breath multiple times a day.

Callin' a spade a spade tis the American way.

And ain't no GD commie-lib ever gonna change
it, so hep me Gawd!

Your right about calling a spade a spade...So...

Stay out of my country you fucking wetbacks!! Beaners go HOME!!!

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
What happens to American citizens who enter Mexico or other countries by illegal means? I ask because I truly don't know. I bet they aren't tolerated very well, but that's conjecture on my part.

highwayman

It depends on the country, Last time I was in Mexico (over ten years ago) as long as I have American money in my pocket...No problems but if I tried to spend the Peso it could be dificult...

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
They are jailed (and as an American, forced to pay for their incarceration & food), fined & upon completion of their sentence, deported & barred from re-entry.

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
Gonz said:
They are jailed (and as an American, forced to pay for their incarceration & food), fined & upon completion of their sentence, deported & barred from re-entry.

So they don't get to take a day off work, march in a parade, get free health benefits, food stamps, and/or legal aid, or anything like that?

Do tell.

MrBishop

HomeLAN said:

Call it what it is.
Great... but if the person you're saying it to is neither illegal nor an immigrant?

More than 1 in 8 people living in the USA is of Hispanic Origin.

Calling every hispanic person an 'illegal alien' is prejudicial and racially so.

Like I said...IMHO nothing wrong with calling an actual illegal alien such but...

aliens.jpg

MrBishop

SouthernN'Proud said:
So they don't get to take a day off work, march in a parade, get free health benefits, food stamps, and/or legal aid, or anything like that?
Who wants to immigrate to Mexico?
Nope...that's reserved for AWOL American troops in Canada. :eek5:

Professur

MrBishop said:
Who wants to immigrate to Mexico?

I know 4 people who did. Openned their own tourist-oriented place, and are making a mint, and not having to deal with snow.

MrBishop

HomeLAN said:
And I did that...where, exactly?

Let's be real fuckin' careful with our accusations, 'K?
I didn't say that you did...I merely quoted you as a springboard. If it seems like that's what I was alluding to, I apologize.