Iraq Study Group verdict

chcr

Too cute for words
Tired of it? I guess that's why the administration's party has an even larger majority now, huh? :lloyd:

Interestingly, the actual lesson was. "if you fuck shit up you're out."

spike

War on terror...

saddam-supporter of terror...

Hey, we went after an enemy. Pretty cool, huh?

No, it's a pretty big mess that increased terrorism, made us less safe, killed tens of thousands of civilians, and killed or maimed thousands of US troops, and wasted a trillion dollars so far.

Not really cool at all. Good thing the American people are catching on now though. That's pretty cool although pretty late too.

chcr

Too cute for words
:confused:

On paper he's an (R). HIs party of affiliation is out of power.

Zip! Flash! Zoom!!!!!

I just know there was a point in there somewhere.

Lemme 'splain.

1. The administration has thouroughly fucked up the situation re terrorism and the middle east.
2. There's an election and the other guys win.
I learned that it takes approximately 5 years of constant bashing & anti-administration propaganda before the American people tire of it.
4. Looks to me like they're "tired" of the administration being obtuse and incompetent.

The lesson was, once again, "If you fuck shit up your out."

Are we clear now?

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
This last election said to the winners, in my opinion, "You say you can do a better job, now prove it"...Since winning, the Dems have been embroiled in one well-publicized scandal involving, believe it or not, ethics, and another involving a complete break in their ranks, involving a call for impeachment proceedings. Remember...these folks aren't even sworn in yet, and look at whats happening. How well does that bode for our country when they do get elected?

spike

A complete break in ranks? :laugh:

Oh, you mean some of them have a different opinion than others instead of being told what to think by the pres? That bodes well for the country.

chcr

Too cute for words
This last election said to the winners, in my opinion, "You say you can do a better job, now prove it"...Since winning, the Dems have been embroiled in one well-publicized scandal involving, believe it or not, ethics, and another involving a complete break in their ranks, involving a call for impeachment proceedings. Remember...these folks aren't even sworn in yet, and look at whats happening. How well does that bode for our country when they do get elected?

That kind of goes without saying, I thought. If they don't, it goes back the other way.

Re the impeachment thing though, do you think anyone took that seriously? Seemed obvious to me that it was sour grapes over losing her seat. If she wasn't such a wacked out nutjob in the first place, maybe she'd have been able to keep it. Non-issue, IMO. The ethics thing is business as usual in DC. As I always say, the similarities far outweigh the differences. Sooner or later I hope a majority of the electorate figures out the same thing and cries "enough."

spike

This last election said to the winners, in my opinion, "You say you can do a better job, now prove it"

Better job as as Congress sure. Better job in Iraq? How much can they prove on that when the Commander doesn't listen to anybody?

Gato_Solo

That kind of goes without saying, I thought. If they don't, it goes back the other way.

Re the impeachment thing though, do you think anyone took that seriously? Seemed obvious to me that it was sour grapes over losing her seat. If she wasn't such a wacked out nutjob in the first place, maybe she'd have been able to keep it. Non-issue, IMO. The ethics thing is business as usual in DC. As I always say, the similarities far outweigh the differences. Sooner or later I hope a majority of the electorate figures out the same thing and cries "enough."

What? And give up their 'Bread and Circuses'? One has only to look at any post written by any 'Democrat' or 'Republican' here to see that the informed electorate died off after the Korean war...The internet hasn't really improved things, either, although I once had hopes it would. Still too many people screaming 'Me, me, me' instead of looking out for the general health of the country.

and you thought you were cynical...

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
1. The administration has thouroughly fucked up the situation re terrorism and the middle east.

The ones saying that are the ones with a get out of Iraq agenda. The story not getting out is the one that's saying, HEY!!! WE'RE KICKING ASS HERE.

Five years of horror stories not balanced by the rest of the story.

Since the only place America has been attacked since 9/11 is in a war zone, I'd say the plan is rather sucessful. Our embassies & our ships & our homeland haven't been victimized, as was the case for the previous decade.

chcr

Too cute for words
The ones saying that are the ones with a get out of Iraq agenda. The story not getting out is the one that's saying, HEY!!! WE'RE KICKING ASS HERE.

Since the only place America has been attacked since 9/11 is in a war zone, I'd say the plan is rather sucessful. Our embassies & our ships & our homeland haven't been victimized, as was the case for the previous decade.

Keep thinking it Gonz. Maybe you'll convince yourself.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
:clap:

The Iraq Study Group-making giving up look diplomatic. If they achieve their goal of cohessiveness among the Coalition, misery would have company.

spike

That's because it's not true in the least. December's on track to be the bloodiest month in years.

It's been shown pretty clearly that they're actually under-reporting the violence. The rest of the story being that 1.6 million or so Iraqis have fled the country because of the hopelessness of the situation.

Keep those rose colored glasses on though and go down with the ship. :glasses3:

Gato_Solo

What about the ones I posted? *handonhip For every story about a bomb going off, or an IED, there were three about something positive...

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
What about the ones I posted? *handonhip For every story about a bomb going off, or an IED, there were three about something positive...

Yes sir, err, Sgt. Too bad the rest of the US doens't read the Gato reports at OTC. They rely on crap like the NY Times.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Keep those rose colored glasses on though and go down with the ship. :glasses3:

Reality is rose colored?

The irony will be, the first to get lined up & shot are the ones yelling loudest for us to beat feet & retreat.

spike

Reality is rose colored?

Reality? :laugh:

New deadliest month, descending into civil war, Bush forced to come up with new plan, Rumsfeld ousted, military victory not likely by most accounts. Yeah, it's all under control.