Is Hollywood is out of touch

jimpeel

"Redacted's" domestic total as of Nov. 18, 2007: $25,628.

:eek2: :eek2: :eek2: :eek2: :eek2:

That's something on the order of twenty-five times worse that DiCaprio's global warming scare movie.

Redacted:Domestic: $25,628 26.3%
+ Foreign: $71,968 73.7%

---------------------------

= Worldwide: $97,596

The 11th Hour:

Domestic: $707,343 86.7%
+ Foreign: $108,758 13.3%

----------------------------

= Worldwide: $816,101

spike

All of them portray the U.S. as bad or worse than terrorists.

How so?

This country is sick of the namby pamby left--the movie directors, musicians, comedians, teachers, moonbats, candidates, senators and congressmen--trying to shove that attitude down our throats.

No one wants to shell out $10 to sit in a theater for two hours to see some Hollywoood elitist foam up and puke their "America is crap" and "No wonder everyone hates us" bullshit.

You just seem to state things as fact that you wish were true. Can you back you statements at all? All real facts indicate the country is sick of the idiots on the right and their useless war.

spike

No, we should invade Saudi Arabia for Their tacit approval and their funding of terrorist organizations but we won't because the movers and shakers behind the current administration are in bed with the Saudis. As was the previous administration.

The US intelligence community was aware that Saddam was lying about the WMDs and has said so. :shrug: Interestingly, they still don't have them and yet we still continue to prosecute the war. :shrug:

:thumbup:

Cerise

"The movie is an attempt to bring the reality of what is happening in Iraq to the American people," he told reporters after a press screening.

The pictures are what will stop the war, and if we can get these pictures in front of a mass audience, and get these stories in front of a mass audience, maybe we'll have some effect.

One only hopes that these images will get the public incensed enough to motivate their Congressmen to vote against this war. I feel helpless to stop these horrible things that are happening, this horrible war that I am financing as an American citizen." he said.

For example, DePalma's movie is based on a true story, but he forgot include in the film that those who committed the crimes went on trial, were sentenced, and are doing time for it. The incident was an aberration and he tries to portray it as typical of U.S. conduct. It's an insult to the overwhelming majority of American soldiers who'd never even consider doing such things.

You just seem to state things as fact that you wish were true. Can you back you statements at all? All real facts indicate the country is sick of the idiots on the right and their useless war.

My statements are backed by the box office numbers. Otherwise people from all over the country would be lined up at these movies just like shoppers on Black Friday.

If only to show their anti-war solidarity. Like a big nationwide anti-war protest. So what if the movies got bad reviews? Hollywood productions mirror the nation's opinion don't they? :laugh:

What do you want to bet dvd and ppv sales will be just as flaccid?

jimpeel

How so?

And if they were the geniuses on the left would the war then be useful?

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
That would require that they actually think, instead of parroting lines and emoting. ;)

And this differs from 90% of the candidates for any office, president to dog catcher, in what way again? The last national candidate I could fully endorse with a clear conscience was Reagan. Everyone since, with the possible exception of Bush I, has been a buffoon of Biblical proportions.

IMO, the most qualified person during my lifetime for the job of president has never been nominated. His ideas were sound, plus he knew how to play the Beltway Spin Game to his advantage...Howard Baker. Mayhap he was smart enough NOT to run.

As to Hollyweird being out of touch...well, yeah. Been a long-ass time since Gone With The Wind. About the only movies from the last 10 years I truly enjoyed were Slingblade, the Saw series, Black Snake Moan, and Cold Mountain. (I think it's been 10 years since Shawshank and Se7en, right?)

spike

For example, DePalma's movie is based on a true story, but he forgot include in the film that those who committed the crimes went on trial, were sentenced, and are doing time for it. The incident was an aberration and he tries to portray it as typical of U.S. conduct. It's an insult to the overwhelming majority of American soldiers who'd never even consider doing such things.

Which one is DePalma's movie? You saw it then? Assuming you did in what way did he indicate that it was "typical"?

My statements are backed by the box office numbers. Otherwise people from all over the country would be lined up at these movies just like shoppers on Black Friday.

No box office numbers don't actually back your statements at all. I'm as against the war as anyone and I haven't seen any of these movies. I'm certainly not going waste money to see a poorly made movie that got a 19% or anything with Tom Cruise in it to show "solidarity".

I'd rather support a documentary like Iraq for Sale.

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
And this differs from 90% of the candidates for any office, president to dog catcher, in what way again?

Nobody actually believes the candidates...at least, I don't. Bet you could find a nice sized group of people that are mezmorized enough by Hollywierd to vote with Rosie, though. ;)

SnP said:
The last national candidate I could fully endorse with a clear conscience was Reagan. Everyone since, with the possible exception of Bush I, has been a buffoon of Biblical proportions.

The last candidate I could belive in was...damn...can't think of anyone since the 1972 elections, and we all saw how he turned out.

SnP said:
IMO, the most qualified person during my lifetime for the job of president has never been nominated. His ideas were sound, plus he knew how to play the Beltway Spin Game to his advantage...Howard Baker. Mayhap he was smart enough NOT to run.

I was actually leaning toward McCain at one point...then came the Keating 5 scandal. The elections in the past 30 years have been a combination of 'pick your poison' and 'I told you so'.

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
I was actually leaning toward McCain at one point...then came the Keating 5 scandal. The elections in the past 30 years have been a combination of 'pick your poison' and 'I told you so'.

Yeah, I see him now and I want to ask, "Hey, didn't you used to be John McCain?"