HomeLAN

:D

Attachment(s):

926.jpg, 90.08kb

32_1035476104.jpg

fury

Administrator
Staff member
I wouldn't be surprised if that's what HostCrocket was running on, and that some jackass with a baseball bat occasionally came and whacked a few of the drives with it

HeXp£Øi±

HA! That looks like a machine i had back at the U once. Well not exactly. But i've had a few machines with no cover. A guys gotta do what a guys gotta do. If you can't afford a case what are you gonna to do, NOT use your computer? Riiiight. Atleast mine utilized a desk and bookcase fairly well.

unclehobart

probably wouldnt be a half bad setup if they would have just stapled a huge sheet of anti static to the board first.

fury

Administrator
Staff member
And think of the cooling possibilities... no longer bound by the width limits of conventional cases, you could probably concoct a liquid cooling system bigger than the computer setup itself

HomeLAN

I'm having trouble believing that a case was unaffordable when they've got 11 SCSI HD's pinned to that plywood...

Inkara1

But why would you want to with a processor that's old enough to work with a motherboard that has SIMM sockets?

HomeLAN

Oh, yeah, it's some sort of socket 7. I laughed about this one with my IT guy. It's amazing. We had basically the same conversation as this one. :D

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
HomeLAN said:
Oh, yeah, it's some sort of socket 7. I laughed about this one with my IT guy. It's amazing. We had basically the same conversation as this one. :D

Sure it's not socket a? I have a socket a board that uses SIMMS...I even have an ISA slot that is being used! :eek2: ;)

HomeLAN

Nope, not sure, but it looks to be the size of a socket 7. Besides, boards with both 72 pin and 168 pin were a hell of a lot more common on socket 7.

I'd never even heard of a socket A with 72 pin slots before.

Gato_Solo said:
Sure it's not socket a? I have a socket a board that uses SIMMS...I even have an ISA slot that is being used! :eek2: ;)

you sure :eek: socket A cannot use simms as far as i know, need alot of em for the banks, prolly mean DIMMS, you mean SDRAM right? :D they're talking about the white slots on the board which have no modules in it, 72 pin simm slots, the 168pin DIMM slot is filled with a module there, prolly a socket 7 pentium board.

whoreable

there is no way in hell they would have released a socket a board with simms. hell simms where already phased out when socket a came out. and shit imagine running an athlon with 128 mb simms....the would have been slower than a k6-2 with a 100 mhz bus.