Is this your ISP?

Inkara1

A lot of Socket 7 boards have SIMM sockets that can't always be used. To run a chip with a 100MHz bus, you still need the PC100 DIMMs, so the SIMM slots would have to be left open... but the same motherboard could accept a chip on a slower bus which would allow for SIMM usage.

Altron

fury said:
And think of the cooling possibilities... no longer bound by the width limits of conventional cases, you could probably concoct a liquid cooling system bigger than the computer setup itself

They could do something like this

Attachment(s):

scary-water-cooling.jpg, 42.93kb

266_1037586224.jpg

agw_01

hahahaha, SIMMS :eek:

Nice setup btw, is it really stood upright or is it the way the pic was taken :D

----- Posted before I clicked page 2 -----

Nice water cooling! :D

whoreable

seems you went to alot of rouble to add such a big resivor that you still left that small tubing and wussy pump. that radiator is far from impressive either. you need an air conditioner radiator or something and at least some 1/2 inch tubing.

Altron

whoreable said:
seems you went to alot of rouble to add such a big resivor that you still left that small tubing and wussy pump. that radiator is far from impressive either. you need an air conditioner radiator or something and at least some 1/2 inch tubing.

They need a big Heater Core and an Eheim 1060 (excessive GPH)
And BTW thats not my watercooling system. I don't have one (yet, I'm saving up: VIA Aqua 1300, DTEK Pro Core, Dangerden Maze3...)

not to mention they would need alot of Water Wetter
And actually the big radiator does help.
The CPU won't be able to warm up such a large water tank...
If the resivor was in a refriegerator it would be awesome!