Is your dialup as fast as it should be?

Rose

Does this thread go here? I dunno.

(I use the term dialup, though I mean any kind of connection)

Anyway, do you have a good connection on the superhighway to life?

CNET bandwidth meter can tell you if you're getting the most for your dialup dollars. :D

At home I'm at 2055.4 Kbps, which looks pretty nice on the little graph they provide. :D

I'm on cable at home. dsl at work.

IDLEchild

12750 kbps then i got this 25500 kbps then this 25500 kbps and then this 25500 kbps again....

Looks like i smote you Rose..SMOTE

Rose

Buttcrackdivine said:
12750 kbps then i got this 25500 kbps then this 25500 kbps and then this 25500 kbps again....

Looks like i smote you Rose..SMOTE

gosh. You sure did. What do you use?

chcr

Too cute for words
573.8 on cable @ home. Dunno about work. I'll check tomorrow if I remember.

Mirlyn

Details

Your raw speed was 2123461.87 bits per second which is the same as:

Communications

2.1 megabits per second
How communication devices are rated. Kilo means 1,000 and mega means 1,000,000. Examples include 56k modem and 10Mbit Ethernet

Storage

259.2 kilobytes per second
The way data is measured on your hard drive and how file sharing and FTP programs measure transfer speeds. Kilo is 1,024 and mega is 1,048,576.

1MB file download

4 seconds
The time it would take you to download a 1 megabyte file at this speed.

I actually got that. Now if only it was always that fast...

Dave

[font=Arial, Helvetica][font=Arial, Helvetica]1.9 megabits per second[/font]

Run the test again Discuss in the forum
[/font][font=Arial, Helvetica]Details
dot_blue.gif
[/font][font=Arial, Helvetica]Your raw speed was 1929217.59 bits per second which is the same as:[/font]

icon_network_s.gif
[font=Arial, Helvetica]Communications[/font]
blank.gif

[font=Arial, Helvetica]1.9[/font][font=Arial, Helvetica] megabits per second[/font]
blank.gif

[font=Arial, Helvetica]How communication devices are rated. Kilo means 1,000 and mega means 1,000,000. Examples include 56k modem and 10Mbit Ethernet[/font]
dot_grey.gif
icon_hd_s.gif
[font=Arial, Helvetica]Storage[/font]
blank.gif

[font=Arial, Helvetica]235.5[/font][font=Arial, Helvetica] kilobytes per second[/font]
blank.gif

[font=Arial, Helvetica]The way data is measured on your hard drive and how file sharing and FTP programs measure transfer speeds. Kilo is 1,024 and mega is 1,048,576.[/font]
dot_grey.gif
speedtest_download_s.gif
[font=Arial, Helvetica]1MB file download[/font]
blank.gif

[font=Arial, Helvetica]4.3[/font][font=Arial, Helvetica] seconds[/font]
blank.gif

[font=Arial, Helvetica]The time it would take you to download a 1 megabyte file at this speed.[/font]

Inkara1

443 kbps at home on the cheapest DSL package. I think I was supposed to have 384K (that's the lowest DSL speed listed on the graph), so I guess I'm doing pretty well.

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
[font=Arial, Helvetica][font=Arial, Helvetica]812.5 kilobits per second[/font]

dot_blue.gif
[/font][font=Arial, Helvetica]Your raw speed was 812485.25 bits per second which is the same as:[/font]

icon_network_s.gif
blank.gif

[font=Arial, Helvetica]812.5[/font][font=Arial, Helvetica] kilobits per second[/font]
blank.gif

[font=Arial, Helvetica]How communication devices are rated. Kilo means 1,000 and mega means 1,000,000. Examples include 56k modem and 10Mbit Ethernet[/font]
dot_grey.gif
icon_hd_s.gif
blank.gif

[font=Arial, Helvetica]99.2[/font][font=Arial, Helvetica] kilobytes per second[/font]
blank.gif

[font=Arial, Helvetica]The way data is measured on your hard drive and how file sharing and FTP programs measure transfer speeds. Kilo is 1,024 and mega is 1,048,576.[/font]
dot_grey.gif
speedtest_download_s.gif
blank.gif

[font=Arial, Helvetica]10.3[/font][font=Arial, Helvetica] seconds[/font]
blank.gif

[font=Arial, Helvetica]The time it would take you to download a 1 megabyte file at this speed.[/font][font=Arial, Helvetica]Rating
dot_blue.gif
[/font][font=Arial, Helvetica]Compared to all connection types worldwide, yours is [/font][font=Arial, Helvetica]fantastic[/font]

and...

b.gif
b.gif
b.gif
[font=arial, helvetica][size=-1]1.5Mb DSL[/size][/font]
ave.gif
[font=arial, helvetica][size=-1] 1.5Mb[/size][/font]
b.gif
b.gif
b.gif
[font=arial, helvetica][size=-1]You[/size][/font]
you.gif
[font=arial, helvetica][size=-1] Infinity kbps[/size][/font]
[font=arial, helvetica][size=-1]</B>[/size][/font]
b.gif

:lloyd:

chcr

Too cute for words
blank.gif

[font=Arial, Helvetica]
speedtest_clock.gif
[font=Arial, Helvetica] Results[/font]
[font=Arial, Helvetica][font=Arial, Helvetica]1.7 megabits per second[/font]

dot_blue.gif
[/font][font=Arial, Helvetica]Your raw speed was 1677211.51 bits per second which is the same as:[/font]

icon_network_s.gif
blank.gif

[font=Arial, Helvetica]1.7[/font][font=Arial, Helvetica]megabits per second[/font]
blank.gif

dot_grey.gif
icon_hd_s.gif
blank.gif

[font=Arial, Helvetica]204.7[/font][font=Arial, Helvetica]kilobytes per second[/font]
blank.gif

dot_grey.gif
speedtest_download_s.gif
blank.gif

[font=Arial, Helvetica]5[/font][font=Arial, Helvetica]seconds[/font]
blank.gif

[font=Arial, Helvetica]The time it would take you to download a 1 megabyte file at this speed.[/font][font=Arial, Helvetica]Rating
dot_blue.gif
[/font][font=Arial, Helvetica]Compared to all connection types worldwide, yours is [/font][font=Arial, Helvetica]fantastic[/font]​
[/font]
On spot's test.