Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
377.5 kilobits per second

Details
Your raw speed was 377497.14 bits per second which is the same as:

Communications 377.5 kilobits per second

Storage 46.1 kilobytes per second

22.2 seconds The time it would take you to download a 1 megabyte file at this speed.

Rating Compared to all connection types worldwide, yours is above average

woah, something must be wrong with my ISP '¡cause i'm supposed to have a 256kbps speed.

Rose

Your raw speed was 3507544.23 bits per second which is the same as:

Communications

3.5 megabits per second
How communication devices are rated. Kilo means 1,000 and mega means 1,000,000. Examples include 56k modem and 10Mbit Ethernet

Storage

428.2 kilobytes per second
The way data is measured on your hard drive and how file sharing and FTP programs measure transfer speeds. Kilo is 1,024 and mega is 1,048,576.

1MB file download

2.4 seconds
The time it would take you to download a 1 megabyte file at this speed.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
837 kbps

I was thinking that was low but I guess it is what I should have since Les has about the same. I think our provider recently lowered the cap on the speed.

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
I had a nice surprise last night. I have 384/128 DSL, Usually get around 330 actual out of it. Well last night I started downloading some progs for my laptop and I was getting 53K/s. Whoa. So I went on MSN and now I'm getting around 440 down. I think I must have gotten upgraded.

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
PuterTutor said:
I had a nice surprise last night. I have 384/128 DSL, Usually get around 330 actual out of it. Well last night I started downloading some progs for my laptop and I was getting 53K/s. Whoa. So I went on MSN and now I'm getting around 440 down. I think I must have gotten upgraded.

cheers man, same around here, except that i'm getting downloads of 47kB/s when they should be less than 32kB/s :beerbang:

fury

Administrator
Staff member
Spot said:
Your raw speed was 4378233.22 bits per second which is the same as:
Communications
4.4 megabits per second
How communication devices are rated. Kilo means 1,000 and mega means 1,000,000. Examples include 56k modem and 10Mbit Ethernet

Storage
534.5 kilobytes per second
The way data is measured on your hard drive and how file sharing and FTP programs measure transfer speeds. Kilo is 1,024 and mega is 1,048,576.

1MB file download
1.9 seconds
The time it would take you to download a 1 megabyte file at this speed.

Rating

Compared to all connection types worldwide, yours is fantastic

MrBishop

Your raw speed was 841453.31 bits per second which is the same 841.5[font=Arial, Helvetica] kilobits per second[/font]
blank.gif

[font=Arial, Helvetica]How communication devices are rated. Kilo means 1,000 and mega means 1,000,000. Examples include 56k modem and 10Mbit Ethernet[/font]

This is at work...end of day etc...

Inkara1

Luis G said:
woah, something must be wrong with my ISP '¡cause i'm supposed to have a 256kbps speed.
Maybe something is wrong with it... but it's not a problem I would be in a hurry to complain about. :D

pc_builder

My ISP advertises 384 down/384 up DSL.

Different test sites give different results.

CNet
323.8 down

Bandwidthplace
481.6 down
286.4 up

My actual thruput when downloading is usually somewhere between 45 and 60 kbps

Download speeds are sastisfactory.
Although that 286 upload is disappointing. Oh well, I don't do much uploading of anything anyway.

catocom

I get about 528Mbps on cable, but if it's down
I only get a crappy 26Kbps through dialup.
I used to get 52Kbps on dialup, before they screwed-up
my telephone line with a digital splitter cover.

At dads : 350kbytes/sec : roughly 2.4mbit and about 30kbytes/sec or 256kbit up

@ home : 500kbytes/sec : roughly 3.5mbit and same 256kbit up

pc_builder

I HAD to get DSL. When I had dial-up, I used to get 48kbps. Sometimes up to 50kbps. But then something happened. Maybe the phone company did something to their equipment. But one day I noticed I could only connect at 24kbps and it stayed that way until I finally got DSL.

Mirlyn

pc_builder said:
I HAD to get DSL. When I had dial-up, I used to get 48kbps. Sometimes up to 50kbps. But then something happened. Maybe the phone company did something to their equipment. But one day I noticed I could only connect at 24kbps and it stayed that way until I finally got DSL.

Same here. My friends' could connect at 88kbps through earthlink. Had the download rates to prove it too. I could connect my 33.6 at 30-28kbps. Then 25-28. Then 20-22. After a week of getting 12-15kbps, I called the new company in town, Road Runner. ;)