It has come to my attention.

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
That's another reason he's trapped in the cabana instead of wandering the house... :D

greenfreak

Might be, Na, but until someone says something directly to me, I'll have to assume it's not my problem. :D

*wonders if I have PM's waiting for me right now* ;)

Gato_Solo

I find you and Na both sensitive sometimes, GF, but I try not to step on toes unless I'm in 'rant' mode...

greenfreak

I know you do Gato, and I find you bullying sometimes too so I guess we're even. :) You and I have already gone through this on JJR512 and as a result, I don't usually speak my mind anymore on 'Real World' issues-I've learned that it gets me nowhere and isn't worth the ensuing arguing.

Seriously though, with anyone who may be 'overly sensitive', it helps to discuss it when it happens. Without specific circumstances, it's hard to judge whether the sensitivity was warranted or not. And if it isn't warranted, it's hard to do something about it if you aren't aware of it at the time.

I think the 'sometimes' is pretty much the norm with anyone. When it becomes 'all the time', that's when it's probably an issue.

greenfreak

Oh and the reason why I suggested discussing it privately is because you don't get as much of that defensive feeling because you know everyone else on the board is reading it.

Shadowfax

<b>mod cow</b>
unclehobart said:
I feel like Charlie Sheen dreading finding a red card in his locker in the movie Major League.

yeah, but even finding one doesn't assure it was meant to be there, according to that movie :D

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
is there something wrong with stepping on toes? it's a good way to get the debate started. we all have opinions &amp; it's good to back them up sometimes. maybe you'll change some minds along the way.

Gato_Solo

Gonz said:
is there something wrong with stepping on toes? it's a good way to get the debate started. we all have opinions & it's good to back them up sometimes. maybe you'll change some minds along the way.

Perhaps, but when I'm on a rant, the stepping comes down with hob-nailed boots.

greenfreak

Gonz said:
is there something wrong with stepping on toes? it's a good way to get the debate started. we all have opinions & it's good to back them up sometimes. maybe you'll change some minds along the way.

That's two reasons right there that I (and other people I've talked to) don't 'debate': there's no need to step on people's toes on purpose but it's used as a tactic too often & the goal of many is not to speak their mind, but to change everyone else's opinion that doesn't conform to theirs.

I'm all for being enlightened. But I can do that without the hassle of getting involved in the debate. I'll just let you guys step on each other's toes, you seem to enjoy it more anyway. :D

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
c'mon Greenie, you know we've agreed to disagree, but it would be good for you to spout off once in a while. clears the poisons from your system. :D

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
You know, If I wanted to bring it up with the person in private, I would have done so. I brought it up here in public because I thought it was something that everyone should read, and maybe learn something from. Sorry that some of you don't agree with that, but I guess that's what makes us different.

Have a jolly evening, I'm off to have fun for the next few hours, I'll catch you all tomorrow.

greenfreak

PT, I can respect that. I just don't think dealing in generalities is going to help anyone, that's all. :) Have fun having fun tonight!

Gonz, there's no way to cut out the part I don't like... the part in between stating my opinion and agreeing to disagree that gets me agitated. I've learned the best way to avoid it is to say nothing. Someone winds up having the same opinion I do and they argue the points anyway. So I can sit back and read without getting involved. Neutral, like Switzerland. :) And you know what? I'm much happier this way.

I get the poison out at work, where my angst can be well distributed among the loathesome and lazy. :D

nalani

I sorta gotta agree with greenie only in that everyone gets "paranoid" ... but I also agree with PT in that perhaps it's a good thing that everyone be aware ...

so basically, I agree with everyone :D