It's Biden ...

spike

So that proves conclusively that Rush is a complete fucktard grasping at straws. Thank you.

jimpeel

So that proves conclusively that Rush is a complete fucktard grasping at straws. Thank you.

And ... um ... that also ... ah ... proves ... um ... that Obama ... aaaaaaaa ... is an eloquent ... ah ... speaker whose ... um ... words ... um ... fairly roll off of his ... um ... tongue.

spike

Not sure what else it proves but Obama sure is eloquent. Makes McCain look like a grade school kid by comparison.

Cerise

You seem to be blaming this agreement on Obama.

I was trying to point out that he agreed to no more than the required minimum number of debates. Maybe I should've used this instead:

ORLANDO -- Barack Obama today accepted the bare minimum number of presidential debates, three, along with one vice presidential debate, virtually closing the door on the possibility of a slew of appearances that John McCain had proposed.

:shrug:

spike

I was pointing out that McCain had agreed to the same thing. Maybe you should have used this instead.

Obama campaign manager David Plouffe issued a statement today saying his candidate was willing to hold three traditional debates with McCain along with a joint town hall on the economy on July 4 and a separate debate on foreign policy in August.

"That package of five engagements would have been the most of any presidential campaign in the modern era -- offering a broad range of formats -- and representing a historic commitment to openness and transparency," Plouffe said. "It's disappointing that Senator McCain and his campaign decided to decline this proposal. Apparently they would rather contrive a political issue than foster a genuine discussion about the future of our country."

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/the-trail/2008/06/13/no_agreement_on_obama-mccain_t.html

Go ahead and talk some more. :laugh:

Cerise

Sorry, but you've got it wrong. As you can see from your own link McCain is willing to do "as many as ten":

In a press conference this afternoon, the presumptive GOP nominee called the comments "a very disappointing response," questioning why Obama would want to hold a town hall event on the Fourth of July.

"We all know what Americans do on the Fourth of July," McCain said, adding that he would be willing to participate in "as many as ten" nationally-televised town hall meetings with Obama.

But, seeing how Obama can't speak unscripted without making, uuhh, major gaffes, he only wants to do the minimum.

spike

"That package of five engagements would have been the most of any presidential campaign in the modern era -- offering a broad range of formats -- and representing a historic commitment to openness and transparency," Plouffe said. "It's disappointing that Senator McCain and his campaign decided to decline this proposal."

Couldn't even get him to agree to 5. Seeing how McCAin can't speak unscripted without making major gaffes unless he has Lieberman whispering in his ear corerecting him.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
A point has to be made by someone else to be legitimate? Is that why you don't use your brains?

spike

I use my brain to make a point based on facts. While you tend to use yours to make up things in your head you wish were true and then present them as facts. Then you run off when they are proven false.

jimpeel

Maybe Biden is smarter than we think. He at least can read the writing on the wall.

http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalradar/2008/09/biden-hillary-a.html

Biden: Hillary a Better Pick Than Me
September 10, 2008 5:17 PM

ABC News' Matthew Jaffe reports: Sen. Barack Obama's, D-Ill., vice presidential nominee, Sen. Joe Biden, D-Del., Wednesday said that Sen. Hillary Clinton, D-N.Y., might have been a better pick for the position than him.

At a rally in Nashua, N.H., a man in the audience told Biden how glad he was that Obama picked him over Hillary, "not because she's a woman, but because, look at the things she did in the past."

"Make no mistake about this," Biden responded. "Hillary Clinton is as qualified or more qualified than I am to be vice president of the United States of America. Let’s get that straight. She’s a truly close personal friend, she is qualified to be president of the United States of America, she’s easily qualified to be vice president of the United States of America, and quite frankly, it might have been a better pick than me. But she’s first rate, I mean that sincerely, she’s first rate, so let’s get that straight."

Spokesman Ben Porritt offered this response from the McCain camp: "Barack Obama’s most important decision of this election, and Biden -- the candidate he selects -- suggests, himself, that he wasn’t the right man for the job, and that Hillary Clinton would have been a better choice. Biden certainly has a credible viewpoint on this."

MrBishop

Hilary might've been a better pick...she certainly would've certainly gotten the female vote for the Dems - and McCain would've picked another candidate other than Palin. :shrug:

2minkey

bootlicker
they're both regrettable choices. they're both capable politicians, but both are assholes as well. though at the same time they're both far more qualified to make real decisions than sarah slugtrail.

"[Republican presidential nominee John] McCain has been running this campaign based on 'We're at war, it's a dangerous world out there … I, John McCain, am the only one standing between the blood-thirsty Al Qaeda and you. But if I die, this stewardess can handle it.' " … Bill Maher (HBO)