It's Biden ...

Cerise

oh shit if hillary gets back into it...

hillary-clinton.jpg

"Did someone call my name?"

Cerise

I'll bet Obama is looking forward to a nice, juicy, Chicago steak when he goes home in November.

jimpeel

Biden was being a gentleman. I noticed you posted another blog to not prove a point though.

Limbaugh has been saying that Biden will bolt so that Hillary can be named the neew veep choice. He said that the day after Palin was picked as McCain's veep. The dems are in disarray and they don't know how to pull this off without Hillary. The hail mary pass will be for Biden to step down for "personal reasons" and he's already making noises to that effect with his laudatroy remarks about Hillary.

Looks like Limbaugh will have one more "I told you so" notch in his belt still one more time.

jimpeel

they're both regrettable choices. they're both capable politicians, but both are assholes as well. though at the same time they're both far more qualified to make real decisions than sarah slugtrail.

"[Republican presidential nominee John] McCain has been running this campaign based on 'We're at war, it's a dangerous world out there … I, John McCain, am the only one standing between the blood-thirsty Al Qaeda and you. But if I die, this stewardess can handle it.' " … Bill Maher (HBO)

Still one more unsolicited testimonial from the angry Left.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Limbaugh has been saying that Biden will bolt so that Hillary can be named the neew veep choice. He said that the day after Palin was picked as McCain's veep. The dems are in disarray and they don't know how to pull this off without Hillary. The hail mary pass will be for Biden to step down for "personal reasons" and he's already making noises to that effect with his laudatroy remarks about Hillary.

I've been wondering abou that. If Biden leaves, under any circumstances, it'll look fishy. If Mrs Bill gets the replacement nod, it'll look like exactly what it is & the public will boot 'em both to the curb.

Cerise

Had to be some moron on the angry right.

Yep. Hey----how'd that liberal talk radio work out, anyway? What? You say the nation didn't like what they had to say and the audience wasn't big enough to keep them alive in a national market? Oh, sorry. Nevermind. :rofl3:

spike

I've been wondering abou that. If Biden leaves, under any circumstances, it'll look fishy. If Mrs Bill gets the replacement nod, it'll look like exactly what it is & the public will boot 'em both to the curb.

Actually McCain picking Plain was fishy and looks like the hail mary pas it was, If Clinton got added it would be checkmate leaving McCain with no moves. What's he going to do? Run on issues then? :laugh:

Furthermore you would shoot yourself in the head.

Gonz said:
Put up Billary against McCain. John's already sold his soul to the (D)s so either way, they win.

If it was between Hillary and John McCain

:suicide:

spike

Yep. Hey----how'd that liberal talk radio work out, anyway? What? You say the nation didn't like what they had to say and the audience wasn't big enough to keep them alive in a national market? Oh, sorry. Nevermind. :rofl3:

The nation didn't like what they had to say and the audience wasn't big enough? You made that up. You realize there's more Democrats than Republicans in the nation right?

Liberals just don't need constant talking heads to do their thinking for them.

jimpeel

Biden is such a train wreck that he has handlers with him at all times to try to head off his gaffes which are noted in RED.

Of course, the more impoprtant issue is that Bush cannot pronounce the word "nuclear".

http://www.iht.com/articles/2008/09/11/america/biden.php

Biden living up to his gaffe-prone reputation
By John M. Broder Published: September 11, 2008

Senator Joseph Biden Jr., the Democratic vice-presidential nominee, is an experienced, serious and smart man. But he does say some curious things. A day on the campaign trail without some cringe-inducing gaffe is a rare blessing. He has not been too blessed lately.

Just this week, he mused that Senator Barack Obama might have been better off with Hillary Rodham Clinton as his running mate.

"Hillary Clinton is as qualified or more qualified than I am to be vice president of the United States of America," Biden said Wednesday in Nashua, New Hampshire. "Quite frankly it might have been a better pick than me."

Earlier in the week, in Columbia, Missouri, Biden urged a paraplegic state official to stand up to be recognized.

"Chuck, stand up, let the people see you," Biden shouted to State Senator Chuck Graham, before realizing, to his horror, that Graham uses a wheelchair. "Oh, God love ya," Biden said. "What am I talking about?"

But it was the Clinton remarks that touched a potentially sensitive spot for the Obama-Biden ticket. With Sarah Palin's addition to the Republican ticket potentially energizing some women voters, Biden's remarks raised anew a legitimate question of whether Obama would have been better off picking the former first lady as his running mate. One could imagine Senator John McCain's campaign even using Biden's remarks in their own ads to exploit female misgivings about the Democratic ticket.

Obama knew what he was getting when he picked Biden as his running mate: A veteran of six terms in the Senate, chairman of the Foreign Relations Committee and former chairman of the Judiciary Committee, an Irish Catholic with working-class roots, a guy who had twice been tested in the arena of presidential politics.

And a human verbal wrecking crew. This is the fellow who nearly derailed his nascent presidential campaign last year by calling Obama bright and clean and articulate and who noted that you needed a slight Indian accent to walk into a Dunkin' Donuts or 7-11 in Delaware.

The guy who, reading his vice-presidential acceptance speech from a TelePrompter, bungled McCain's name, calling him "George" ("Freudian slip, folks, Freudian slip," he explained).

The guy who, on the day Obama announced him as his running mate, referred to his party's presidential nominee as "Barack America" and noted that his own wife, Jill, a college professor, was "drop-dead gorgeous" but who, problematically, possessed a doctorate.

The guy who has said he is running for president (not vice president) and who confused army brigades with battalions. Who referred to his Republican vice-presidential opponent as the lieutenant governor of Alaska.

Aides to Obama said that Biden's propensity to misspeak could pose problems, particularly in the vice-presidential debate on Oct. 2. They are watching his performance on the trail warily, but so far have not tried to rein him in.

But they have assigned a couple of veteran minders to travel with him - David Wilhelm, the former Democratic National Committee chairman, and David Wade, former spokesman for Senator John Kerry. Wade said that Biden's occasional stumbles prove to voters that he is human and that they help them relate to the candidate.

"It would be a huge mistake to try to strip away the authenticity that's been his greatest strength for 35 years," Wade said. "For anybody who's gone to Joe Biden events and watched how voters connect with him, there's a pretty big gap between the expectations of the elite media who seem to crave scripted, blow-dried drones out of central casting instead of regular folks who want to see some honesty and candor. They appreciate it that he takes the voters seriously and doesn't take himself too seriously."

Wade added: "I've never heard a voter say they wanted someone who was more scripted, more slick and who talks to me in sound bites. If they wanted stuffed shirts, we'd be preparing for an October debate with Mitt Romney."

(Then why assign minders like you to monitor him, Wade? -- j)

Those who have known Biden for a long time say they see him as a man with an equally big heart and mouth.

"He has overwhelming support here, he's well liked," said James Baker, mayor of Wilmington, Delaware, Biden's home. "We forgive him every once in a while when he says something dumb - 'Oh, that's just Joe."'

Biden recognizes that his tongue sometimes ventures ahead of his brain and often catches himself with a smile.

In Fort Myers, Florida, last week, he referred to the "Biden administration," before quickly correcting himself to say the "Obama-Biden administration."

"Believe me, that wasn't a Freudian slip," he said, laughing and crossing himself. "Oh lordy day, I tell ya."

jimpeel

I figured that's where you got most of your talking points. Had to be some moron on the angry right.

Ah, yes, the old talking points mantra of the Left that those who listen to Limbaugh cannot think for themselves. Please note that your comeback was not a thoughtful response as to why Limbaugh's prediction is incorrect. Just name calling and vitriol.

I also noted that you used "angry right" two posts after I used "angry left". Don't you have any original thoughts or have you forgotten THIS POST already?

Perhaps you should change your avitar to a parrot.

jimpeel

I know. That is why they are torn as to what to do and they are in such disarray. How presidential can someone's decisions be when they choose as their running mate someone who declared them to be totally unqualified to be president?

jimpeel

The nation didn't like what they had to say and the audience wasn't big enough? You made that up. You realize there's more Democrats than Republicans in the nation right?

Liberals just don't need constant talking heads to do their thinking for them.

I see. So they have no interest in any form of political commentary and analysis. That explains why they are so ill informed that they can't even cast a readable ballot. Maybe if they had been more informed and articulate they wouldn't have lost Florida. Oh, and that part about Gore losing his own state of Tennessee ... ?

spike

Biden is such a train wreck that he has handlers with him at all times to try to head off his gaffes which are noted in RED.

Of course, the more impoprtant issue is that Bush cannot pronounce the word "nuclear".

You're actually trying to say that the only Gaffe Bush has made is pronouncing nuclear? Really Jimbo?

After the thousands of downright retarded things that Bush has said over the years you stepping into a whole new level of hypocrisy even mentioning the guy you voted for in the same breath as Biden on the subject of gaffees. :laugh:

Not to mention the daily gaffes that McCain makes and the fact that Palin doesn't even know what the Bush doctrine is.

spike

Ah, yes, the old talking points mantra of the Left that those who listen to Limbaugh cannot think for themselves.

As evidenced by the talking points you spew from that blowhard.

Please note that your comeback was not a thoughtful response as to why Limbaugh's prediction is incorrect. Just name calling and vitriol.

Actually it was just an observation of where you get your talking points....and I hate to break it toyou but Rush wasn't the first one to hint that Obama might checkmate McCain in this way.

I also noted that you used "angry right" two posts after I used "angry left". Don't you have any original thoughts or have you forgotten

You're claiming "angry left" was an origin thought of yours? :rofl3:

No, Jim it just goes to show I can throw out meaningless bullshit just as easy as you can.

Perhaps you should change your avitar to a parrot.

Perhaps you should change yours to an idiotic, hypocritical, illogical, Rush-mimicking imbecile. :D