It's on

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
Glad to see you're on the mend!!

I'll brace myself for OTC to be overrun by you and all your free time in the near future! I wouldn't want it any other way :)

unclehobart

They let you see the stuff they pulled out of you... or did they just wash it all down the sink?

When are you going to be able to hork down a double cheese meat lovers pizza?

catocom

SnP, I know the rehab is going o be wearisome too, but give it whatcha got.
I know you will.
Keep up the good fight as inspiration to others. (as an added incentive) :beardbng:

Keeping you on the list for (to ask for) speedy recovery, and strength.

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
They let you see the stuff they pulled out of you... or did they just wash it all down the sink?

When are you going to be able to hork down a double cheese meat lovers pizza?

No, it's Alpo by now.

The pizza should be forthcoming by the end of July hopefully. I've actually given considerable thought to what I want my first real welcome back to life meal to be. Something I don't make at home, and that I haven't had for ages. I think it'll be fajitas. Frog legs might win out though.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
Don't make your first "welcome back to life meal" too heavy or you'll regret it :p

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Don't make your welcome back meal anything important. Your stomach will not be able to hold a sufficient amout to make it worthwhile. (unless you purge-often)

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
Oh, we're talking a month or so from now...

I'm thinking in terms of you need to work up to anything too heavy...you'll be eatting light for the next while, once you're given the ok to go back on a normal diet you'll likely still need to work up to a full fledged belt loosening meal because your stomach won't be accustomed to such things anymore. I'm basing this on friends who were vegetarian and then decided to eat meat and kinda jumped in with both feet (like they sat down and ate a steak or a burger)...their stomachs did not take well to it, you need to slowly accustom your stomach to such things which it's been deprived for awhile

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
It was coming out anyway. I knew why but can't remember. As soon as it was touched it ruptured. Kinda scary...if it was that close to rupturing, could it have done so had I, say, coughed real hard?

TexasRaceLady

That is a scary thought, SN'P, so don't think about it. Just thank your lucky stars that it happened when it did, so it could be dealt with promptly -- thereby saving a 2nd surgery and the associated "up the ass" hospital charges.

:D