It's Palin ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do I agree that Obama supporters are desperately looking for somewhere to turn? Look---here's the face of the left's defeat.

He picks Sarah Palin and BOOMBAH! All the libs fall down!

Actually he picks Sarah palin and Obama enjoys a nice bump in the polls :laugh:

You have to realize at some point that your wishful thinking actually has no basis in reality.

Newt Gingrich lit into MSNBC reporter Ron Allen last night and Allen was so dumbfounded he was speechless. I guess he's never run into anyone who can talk off the cuff like Newt can.

RON ALLEN: To be fair, Palin's resume is not something that we're familiar seeing with presidential candidates.

GINGRICH: It's stronger than Barack Obama's. I don't know why you guys walk around saying this baloney. She has a stronger resume than Obama.

She's been a real mayor. He hasn't.

She's been a real governor. He hasn't.

She's been in charge of the Alaska National Guard. He hasn't.

She was a whistleblower who defeated an incumbent mayor. He has never once shown that kind of courage.

She's a whistleblower who turned in the chairman of her own party and got him fined $12,000. I've never seen Obama do one thing like that.

She took on the incumbent governor of her own party and beat him and then she beat a former Democratic governor in the general election.

I don't know of a single thing Obama has done except talk and write, and I'd like you to tell me one thing you think Senator Obama's done.

ALLEN: I'm not going to argue the case.

BWAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Actually he picks Sarah palin and Obama enjoys a nice bump in the polls :laugh:

You mean this kind of bump?

newyorkercover71408.jpg

5 points is quite the "convention bump". :rolleyes:

The only bump that is in the news has been the "baby bump." :shrug:

yeah that's cool. john birch society is a bunch of hardcore commie-bashing amerikan heroes in their own minds that hasn't been very relevant since the 60s. they have always and will always suck. of course they use some bullshit rhetoric claiming lofty human values, but really they're just a bunch of folks that are too ignorant to understand what they need not be afraid of.

kinda like the shithead kids who think they're going to take down the man by boycotting tang or some shit, only in reverse.

The John Birch Society is named after the first American killed by Communists. They were right about the manhattan Project having Communists in oit. They were right about Hollywood. They were right about Cuba. Everyone thought they saw a Copmmie behind every rock and tree but they were right in manyn ways.

The New American Magazine, the official magazine of the John Birch Society was the first to debunk the Black Helicopter hysteria. They are not as bad as you think they are.

Sarah Huckabee, daughter of former Gov. Mike Huckabee thinks it is sexism.

I think it's a disgrace that the question's even being asked. I think as -- not only as a woman, but as somebody who's grown up in politics, I think that Sarah Palin – Governor Palin has proven herself time and again that she has the capacity to lead. And I want to know why no one's asking you know, Barack Obama's got two kids. No body's asking him is he a good parent because he's running for president. That question hasn't come up and simply because of the fact that she's a woman, I think that, you know, the media should take the step that the rest of America has on both sides of the political aisle. We've seen Republicans and Democrats unite behind two fantastic women over this political season. And I think it's time that the media stops asking the question and follow America's lead and get behind the rest of the country in moving forward and seeing that women are capable to lead this country.

SOURCE

Well, if nothing else, she certainly has drawn attention away from the actual issues, hasn't she?

yeah um comparing sarah's record to barack's ain't all that apples to apples people.

she's had some local power in a backwater state. he's a US senator, from one of the more relevant, urbanized states.

next you're going to be comparing someone who coached football in a CFL minor league to an NFL coach.

and jim, john birchers are idiots. i'm sure there was a left leaning person or two in hollywood. but they went whacko with paranoia. but, then, seems like you could slip your foot right into that shoe, as the grand hegelian bait and switch marches forward. these are the voyages of the starship pooperprize. grab your ankles.

yeah um comparing sarah's record to barack's ain't all that apples to apples people.

she's had some local power in a backwater state. he's a US senator, from one of the more relevant, urbanized states.

r3762910578.jpg

From her convention speech:

I guess a small-town mayor is sort of like a "community organizer," except that you have actual responsibilities.

I might add that in small towns, we don't quite know what to make of a candidate who lavishes praise on working people when they are listening, and then talks about how bitterly they cling to their religion and guns when those people aren't listening."

Listening to [Obama] speak, it's easy to forget that this is a man who has authored two memoirs but not a single major law or reform - not even in the state senate....

This is a man who can give an entire speech about the wars America is fighting, and never use the word "victory" except when he's talking about his own campaign.

But when the cloud of rhetoric has passed....when the roar of the crowd fades away....when the stadium lights go out, and those Styrofoam Greek columns are hauled back to some studio lot - what exactly is our opponent's plan? What does he actually seek to accomplish, after he's done turning back the waters and healing the planet?

The answer is to make government bigger ....take more of your money....give you more orders from Washington....and to reduce the strength of America in a dangerous world. America needs more energy....our opponent is against producing it. Victory in Iraq is finally in sight ....he wants to forfeit.

My fellow citizens, the American presidency is not supposed to be a journey of "personal discovery." This world of threats and dangers is not just a community, and it doesn't just need an organizer."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back