It's Palin ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

2minkey

bootlicker
Nobody is afraid of strong women. We just see her for what she is.

exactly. i'm sure john gotti was 'strong' too but who the fuck would vote for him? what's the point of being strong if you're an idiot, a thug, or, in this case, a bandwagoneer who, despite "overcoming the old boys club" in buttfuck, alaska, now parrots the same lines as that old boys club. wait, do we still think she's strong? having doubts here.

MrBishop

Or she could spend $200,000 of state money using a state attorney and the full staff at the Alaska DoJ taking their attention away from the affairs of the state.
or she could *gasp* spend her own damn money.

What projects? If the money is in the budget, and is being returned to the state from where it was taken from the citizenry, what is wrong with that. Should she have returned the money to the citizenry and then taken it back in taxes for local projects?
A pipeline for natural gas from Alaska is one of the projects. The strengtening of pork-barrel projects is what she's being strung up for. something which she was against..until it suited her to be for.

Actually, several state have strong secessionist movements. Alaska could become its own country and do quuite well. Here is the platform of the party plank by plank.
Alaska was part of Canada until not too long ago. The platform is irrelevant, the State of the Union isn't. She's looking to be a VP of a country that her husband (and her, arguably) didn't want to be part of anymore.

Wrong. She has stated that when the state law was in effect that smoking marijuana was LEGAL she smoked it. This is like saying that she drank an alcoholic beverage on her 21st birthday.
I have no issue with this...the American Right-wingers are the ones with the issues about pot-smoking (legal or not).

JJR512

The things that jimpeel quoted from http://akip.org/platform.html up in Post #177 seem pretty reasonable on the surface, not just for Alaska but for any state. My biggest complaint would be the apparent lack of church and state separation in the second part.

2minkey

bootlicker
The things that jimpeel quoted from http://akip.org/platform.html up in Post #177 seem pretty reasonable on the surface, not just for Alaska but for any state. My biggest complaint would be the apparent lack of church and state separation in the second part.

yeah when it starts off like this... it's bound to be reasonable... :barfonu:

"The problem with you John Birchers' is that you are too damn liberal!"
[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]~ [/FONT]Joseph Vogler, Founder Alaskan Independence Party

Cerise

What is sexist about those stories exactly?

They are sexist because the comments emanate from traditional stereotypes of sexual roles, because they devalue her ability to perform a job.

Why does Palin's alleged inexperience get talked about but Obama's established inexperience get a pass?

Why does the left imply that Palin is an unfit mother and should be at home raising her kids?

Why does the left accuse Palin of lying about her pregnancy? Especially when there's no evidence that she did?

Why is sexism in politics preferable to racism?

Rumors about Palin’s pregnancy when she got married, rumors about Palin faking a pregnancy, insinuations that she was negligent during her pregnancy which caused her child’s Down Syndrome, rumors that her youngest son is actually her daughter’s child.....

It's funny that the left whines about morals, truth, conduct and accountability, when they have no standards for themselves to begin with.

Oh, look. Palin knew her baby would be born with Down syndrome:

Gov. Sarah Palin was back at work today, holding a meeting on the natural gas pipeline three days after giving birth to her fifth child. Trig arrived about a month early and has Down syndrome, the governor confirmed. Testing during early pregnancy revealed the condition. Palin said she was sad at first but they now feel blessed that God chose them. The couple has lots of family support, she said. The governor said she won't take a maternity leave but will bring Trig with her to work. http://www.adn.com/news/alaska/story/382560.html

Obama: if his "daughters make a mistake, I don't want them to be punished with a baby."

Palin: "We're proud of Bristol's decision to have her baby and even prouder to become grandparents."

A women's group that hosted Hillary Rodham Clinton during an event at the Democratic convention last week is expressing outrage "against misogynist smears" directed at Sarah Palin.

The dems are afraid of Sarah Palin. All this phoney outrage will backfire on them.

spike

They are sexist because the comments emanate from traditional stereotypes of sexual roles, because they devalue her ability to perform a job.

How exactly does the stories about Trig possibly being Bristol's kid or Bristol's current pregnancy do that Cerise?

You're article claims sexism on these stories but yet there's no evidence of sexism.

2minkey

bootlicker
ummm yeah i'd bet that either is a handicap, depending on what kinda international shithead yer dealing with.

Cerise

How exactly does the stories about Trig possibly being Bristol's kid or Bristol's current pregnancy do that Cerise?

You're article claims sexism on these stories but yet there's no evidence of sexism.

Do you think I wrote that article? It is the author's opinion that her treatment by the left since McCain's announcement a week ago is sexist. Do you understand the definition of "sexist" spike?
Do you understand the definition of "opinion" spike?

I would suggest you don't see any sexism because you don't see anything wrong with sexism. :shrug:

Here's the whole paragraph, just in case you didn't read the link:

There is no question that the left's attachment to both the Trig Palin non-story and the Bristol Palin story are dramatic examples of sexism. Attacking a female politician's pregnancy without any evidence -- accusing her of lying about her own baby -- is simply sickening. Exposing a female politician's 17-year-old pregnant daughter and then implying that the politician is an unfit mother and should have stayed at home to tend to the children is simply discriminatory. Liberal women should feel free to oppose Palin's candidacy on policy grounds -- but they have the moral obligation to defend Palin from such sexist attacks.

2minkey

bootlicker
and then there's those folks that would suggest that palin's own extreme "pro life" views amount to sexism.

if they're attacking her, it's because she's obviously of low moral fiber, not because she happens to be a she. i'm sure they'd attack any male candidate who looked like he could be a lousy parent.

you may be happy to use sexism as a shield, to protect one from accusations of lousy parenting. to me, you're using it like jesse jackson throws out race willy-nilly as the explanation for anything that doesn't go his way.

spike

Do you think I wrote that article? It is the author's opinion that her treatment by the left since McCain's announcement a week ago is sexist.

Do you agree or not?

Do you understand the definition of "sexist" spike?

Yes and there is none. Do you understand the definition? If so could you please tell us how either the Trig or Bristol story is sexist?

I would suggest to you that if one of Obama's or Biden's daughters got pregnant or if they claimed to have a son that was actually one of his kids that it would be at least as big of a story.

So where is the sexism?

JJR512

yeah when it starts off like this... it's bound to be reasonable... :barfonu:

"The problem with you John Birchers' is that you are too damn liberal!"
[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]~ [/FONT]Joseph Vogler, Founder Alaskan Independence Party

Just please understand that my comment was in reference solely to what was quoted in the post I referenced, and furthermore only to the apparent "surface" meanings therein, and not in any way about whatever hidden agendas the people who said or wrote those things may have had or what else they or whoever it was you just quoted (I have no idea who John Birchers or Joseph Vogler are) may have ever said or wrote at any time.

2minkey

bootlicker
yeah that's cool. john birch society is a bunch of hardcore commie-bashing amerikan heroes in their own minds that hasn't been very relevant since the 60s. they have always and will always suck. of course they use some bullshit rhetoric claiming lofty human values, but really they're just a bunch of folks that are too ignorant to understand what they need not be afraid of.

kinda like the shithead kids who think they're going to take down the man by boycotting tang or some shit, only in reverse.

chcr

Too cute for words
yeah that's cool. john birch society is a bunch of hardcore commie-bashing amerikan heroes in their own minds that hasn't been very relevant since the 60s. they have always and will always suck. of course they use some bullshit rhetoric claiming lofty human values, but really they're just a bunch of folks that are too ignorant to understand what they need not be afraid of.

kinda like the shithead kids who think they're going to take down the man by boycotting tang or some shit, only in reverse.

Not even then. I used to be a member of the Birch John Society in college. We were very much interested in the preservation of wooden toilet seats and we were at least as relevant as those other guys, probably more.

2minkey

bootlicker
yeah so i'm catching a little bit of her speech before i head to the bar.

it's just so cute that she's telling the RNC that her husband likes snowmobiles! she's just so regular people! golly i can't wait until mccain croaks. hopefully keeping her various family members out of jail won't be too distracting when she's trying to make executive decisions.

hey ma, git off, yer crushing mah smokes!

Status
Not open for further replies.