It's Palin ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimpeel

*shrug* don't ask me .. I don't know why he either can't spell or can't pronounce his name :D Must be a cultural linguistic thing .. what is his ethnicity, do you know?

Sorta the ol' "Roy" is pronounced "Wah" thing, eh?

jimpeel

By the way, while you were wrong about states not returning federal funds, you still haven't provided any evidence that no state has returned "infrastructure funds".

I don't have to; because they don't have to.

Get it?

Infrastructure funds roll over. They are not "use-it-or-lose-it" because infractructure projects take years to complete. Education funds are "use-it-or-lose-it" and are based on one year appropriations.

Get it?

jimpeel

I am really getting sick of this thread. Y'all keep the childish namecalling to yourself or I'll lock it.

[humor]Waaaaah! Minkey called me "Sparky"! Waaaaahhhh![/humor]

We'll do fine if you merely leave us to our inane little arguments.

spike

I don't have to; because they don't have to.

You made the claim with no evidence to back it up. Now go ahead and support your statement or we'll be forced to believe you're making up things again.

Your original statement has already been proven false. Let's see you back up your altered statement.

Don't be scared.

Infrastructure funds roll over. They are not "use-it-or-lose-it" because infractructure projects take years to complete. Education funds are "use-it-or-lose-it" and are based on one year appropriations.

Jimbo, funds can lapse. In which case they are no longer available (returned to feds).

Now please support your claim that no state returned funds to the feds.

2minkey

bootlicker
[humor]Waaaaah! Minkey called me "Sparky"! Waaaaahhhh![/humor]

We'll do fine if you merely leave us to our inane little arguments.

[personal insult] yeah man once you resolve your latent gay denial, we'll all be better off. [/personal insult]

2minkey

bootlicker
I'm not trying to argue with you, it just seems that you've been hell bent on insulting her from the beginning. It looks more personal than substanitive. :shrug:

as soon as she stands up and says something substantive, perhaps i'll change my tune. again, can't wait for when she appears in a debate with ultrawang biden. he'll likely rip the living shit out of her dumb ass. but, hey, i'm sure her valley trash ass is already ripped up plenty!

MrBishop

Really...here I thought that Tangate was all about her buying a tanning bed with one hand and asying that tanbeds were bad with the other

Palin herself declared May 2007 Skin Cancer Awareness Month in Alaska. The press release read, "Skin cancer is caused, overwhelmingly, by over-exposure to ultraviolet radiation from the sun and from tanning beds."

Cerise

Hillary alienates the Jewish vote

sphclp3.jpg

Hillary Clinton has pulled out of an appearance at a New York rally next week to protest Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad because she doesn’t want to be seen alongside Republican vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin in a “partisan” event, her aides say. http://elections.foxnews.com/2008/09/17/clinton-blindsided-palin/

It's almost like she doesn't really want to see Obama elected.......

spike

Sounds like she just alienated Palin. Good for her.

Palin could be faced more charges on a couple counts. It's as if she doesn't really want to see McCain get elected.

The cryptic Internet posse known for its attacks on Scientology may have found a new target in Republican Vice-Presidential nominee Sarah Palin. Several self-proclaimed members of Anonymous, a loosely organized group commonly associated with the message board 4Chan, apparently breached the Alaska Governor's personal Yahoo! account ([email protected]) late Tuesday night.

The hacker posted screenshots of two emails, a Yahoo! inbox, a contact list and several family photos to Wikileaks.org, a site that anonymously hosts leaked government and corporate documents. Another screenshot purportedly shows a draft email from Palin's account to campaign aide Ivy Frye alerting her of the breach:

This email was hacked by anonymous, but I took no part in that. I simply got the password back, and changed it so no further damage could be done. Please get in contact with Sarah Palin and inform her the new password on this account is samsonite1.

Thank you and best wishes,
the good anonymous

The screenshots quickly spread across the web to blogs like Gawker.

The two email exchanges appear to involve state politicians — Alaskan Lieutenant Governor Sean Parnell and Amy McCorkell, whom Palin appointed to the Governor's Advisory Board on Alcoholism and Drug Abuse last year. Wired Magazine reported that McCorkell confirmed the email's authenticity, though she later refused to comment to the Associated Press.

Palin's other Yahoo! account ([email protected]) has already been hacked, so to speak, by federal authorities who are investigating her role in the firing of Walt Monegan, Alaska's public safety commissioner. Critics charged that Palin fired Monegan for refusing to dismiss her former brother-in-law from his job as a state trooper. (The scandal has already earned a -gate suffix). After the hacks were made public, both private accounts were deleted — an act that could technically constitute destruction of evidence.

The Alaska Governor could also face charges for conducting official state business using her personal, unarchived e-mail account (a crime), with some critics accusing her of skirting freedom-of-information laws in doing so. An Alaska Republican activist is trying to force Palin to release more than 1,100 emails she withheld from a public-records request, the Washington Post reported last week.

Rick Davis, campaign manager for the McCain-Palin campaign, issued a statement hours after the e-mail screenshots were posted. "This is a shocking invasion of the Governor's privacy and a violation of law. The matter has been turned over to the appropriate authorities and we hope that anyone in possession of these emails will destroy them. We will have no further comment." The Secret Service requested copies of the leaked e-mails from the Associated Press, but the wire service did not comply. CNN reported that the Federal Bureau of Investigation has also launched an investigation.

This is not the first time computer habits have become an issue for the McCain-Palin team. In January, John McCain told reporters that he doesn't know how to check email. When asked whether he prefers a Mac or a PC, McCain replied, "Neither. I am an illiterate that has to rely on my wife for all of the assistance that I can get." He later added: "I am learning to get online myself." He might want to stay offline for the time being.

http://www.time.com/time/politics/article/0,8599,1842097,00.html

2minkey

bootlicker
Really...here I thought that Tangate was all about her buying a tanning bed with one hand and asying that tanbeds were bad with the other

Palin herself declared May 2007 Skin Cancer Awareness Month in Alaska. The press release read, "Skin cancer is caused, overwhelmingly, by over-exposure to ultraviolet radiation from the sun and from tanning beds."

i don't think there's anything to this particular item.

the big question is who paid for it? if it came out of here pocket, there's no issue. and it looks like she did pay for it.

using a tanning bed occasionally probably doesn't qualify as "over exposure" anyway. i can still have a glass of wine while pointing out that someone else has a drinking problem. and nobody is going to be able to figure her level of use of the thing anyway.

Cerise

Palin could be faced more charges on a couple counts. It's as if she doesn't really want to see McCain get elected.

Hey, aren't you one of the guys that screams about Bush wiretaps of suspected terrorists? But you see no problem with someone invading Palin's privacy? Isn't that kinda hypocritical?

The left is getting desperate. Now it's emailgate. Seems that the digital trail left by the hackers leads back to Chicago---hometown of Obama and home of his campaign headquarters. http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/09/18/palin_email_investigation/. And we all know from his political ads, B.H.O. does indeed know how to use a computer.

The FBI and Secret Service are involved in this criminal investigation.

2minkey

bootlicker
Hey, aren't you one of the guys that screams about Bush wiretaps of suspected terrorists? But you see no problem with someone invading Palin's privacy? Isn't that kinda hypocritical?

The left is getting desperate. Now it's emailgate. Seems that the digital trail left by the hackers leads back to Chicago---hometown of Obama and home of his campaign headquarters. http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/09/18/palin_email_investigation/. And we all know from his political ads, B.H.O. does indeed know how to use a computer.

The FBI and Secret Service are involved in this criminal investigation.

great. i hope they investigate it fully.

and i hope they also charge her for her sleaziness in trying to get around FOIA requests and governmental transparency by going off the official grid.

apparently what she did was illegal.

and you fringe right wingers love to whack them kriminals.

:hangman:

hang 'em high!

Cerise

great. i hope they investigate it fully.

and i hope they also charge her for her sleaziness in trying to get around FOIA requests and governmental transparency by going off the official grid.

apparently what she did was illegal.

Can you bump a link? All I find about Palin emails is HACKERGATE.

Cerise

http://michellemalkin.com/2008/09/17/the-story-behind-the-palin-e-mail-hacking/

rubico 09/17/08(Wed)12:57:22 No.85782652

Hello, /b/ as many of you might already know, last night sarah palin’s yahoo was “hacked” and caps were posted on /b/, i am the lurker who did it, and i would like to tell the story.

In the past couple days news had come to light about palin using a yahoo mail account, it was in news stories and such, a thread was started full of newfags trying to do something that would not get this off the ground, for the next 2 hours the acct was locked from password recovery presumably from all this bullshit spamming.

>> rubico 09/17/08(Wed)12:58:04 No.85782727

I read though the emails… ALL OF THEM… before I posted, and what I concluded was anticlimactic, there was nothing there, nothing incriminating, nothing that would derail her campaign as I had hoped, all I saw was personal stuff, some clerical stuff from when she was governor…. And pictures of her family.

Earlier it was just some prank to me, I really wanted to get something incriminating which I was sure there would be, just like all of you anon out there that you think there was some missed opportunity of glory, well there WAS NOTHING, I read everything, every little blackberry confirmation… all the pictures, and there was nothing, and it finally set in, THIS internet was serious business, yes I was behind a proxy, only one, if this shit ever got to the FBI I was fucked, I panicked, i still wanted the stuff out there but I didn’t know how to rapidshit all that stuff, so I posted the pass on /b/, and then promptly deleted everything, and unplugged my internet and just sat there in a comatose state.

"...and waited for the man from the dnc to slide the envelope with the money under my door...."

Status
Not open for further replies.