I've got a secret

Shadowfax

<b>mod cow</b>
Too bad you missed my very emotional and serious post in there...that was about the longest post ever from me....

Took me 20 minutes to write :(

And now it's lost. :(

Not quite ;) :headbang:

Shadowfax said:
volcano said:
Not every thread needs to be important, but spamming just to raise the post count sux. The LL forum should be more than just a 1000 word thread or complete the sentence thread.

I'm sorry, but I don't see much people spamming just to raise their post count :confuse3:
I know that a few people have an enormeous amount of posts, people like Luis G or Justintime for example.
Of course not every post they've made was absolutely necessary, but I don't believe that they just posted to increase postcount.
I have been posting a lot lately, but to be honest, I don't give one bit about post count. Abandon post count, and I would post exactely the same thing.
This is a small board, and there aren't a lot of regular people who are posting. But the people who are posting are known to those people. And as far as I have noticed, nobody was irritated by Luis G, Justintime, kuulani, nalani or myself by posting too much, or spamming.

The content of the 1000 post thread isn't intellectual. I don't even remember anything of what is posted in there. But I do like it for the fact that it keeps coming back over and over again. Just a strange sense of humor I guess :D

And for what the rest of the LL is concerned: it is more then just the 1000 post thread and one-sentence threads.
For me (and this is just my point of view!) the LL is a great place to relax. To discuss things from daily life with a lot of people from all over the world.

I love the presence of ku'u and nalani. Love them for their very kind words, and their great characters. It's great to talk with them, knowing that they're a couple of thousand miles away, but that I still can talk with them.
I love Nixy, for just being herself. From what I've noticed in her replies she's just the kind of girl I would love to be around in RL. She seems to have the same character as I do. And it's great to notice that.

And then all the other people! Luis from Mexico, Justintime from London, ris from England too, AlladinSane from Brazil and a lot of people from the US.
Can't you just see the beauty in that? So many people from so many different countries! And when you're looking at the LL, you can see them post about the same problems or the same funny things that you and I experience. Our daily lives. But also our differences.
And I still keep finding out new things about them. For instance, I know now that I can talk with LastLegionary in my own language if I wanted to. And I know him already from a few years back at HwC. And I just found out yesterday.

And those reasons are the reasons why I like OTC. OTC has shaped itself and nobody really has to do anything to make this a great board. Because it already is!
And nobody is neglecting your efforts to make this a great place. Of course not! But I really hope that you understand that this place is not only created by a lot of efforts done by some people. It is created because of the community that is felt here. The same sense of community I felt a long time ago at HwC.
I really like the people around here, and I would be lying if I said that I didn't like you too, s4. Because you have posted a lot of good stuff here. And at XiBase too. Those newsthreads were interesting to read. At least they were for me.
But leaving isn't a good option. If you'd just try to ignore the people you don't like you would make things a lot easier for yourself.
You see the same thing happen to sbcanada. 99 Percent of his posts just prove how immature he is. People don't like his comments. People don't like the way he behaves himself. People don't like the whining for a Moderator position. So people ignore him.

And I know that it must be hard for you to take the advice of somebody who is so much younger. But I honestly mean what I say. And if you would try to take my advice, you'll see that in the end people like krusty won't bother you anymore.
Let him be what he wants to be. Be the wiser man in that situation.
Of course you can try to argue with a person in the first place if he insults you, but if it turns out that that person doesn't want to argue, or just don't want to understand your point of view, it's better to walk away and let it rest.

'Cause for all I can see, nobody really hates you. Why should they? They don't know you. I don't know you. My comments are made by observations. Nothing more, nothing less. But a member here likes or dislikes a person according to his posts. Because that is the only medium here.
I post stuff that I mean. If somebody would meet me in RL, they'd say they already know me. Why? Because I try to be honest, as well in RL as in here.
Pretending to be somebody else isn't the right thing to do. Why act different in here than in real life? If you do, people will like or dislike the person you are pretending to be, and not you.

And for me, that's the reason to be here. To meet new people. Learn about them. Meet people who think like I do.
And from time to time, argue with people who have different points of view.
That makes it fun to hang around here.
And unfortunately there will always be a few people who will try to spoil it for the rest, but they'll just be ignored by the rest of the members.

I'm not gonna ask you to please come back. I don't really care. Don't get me wrong, I don't mean that in a bad way!
But I'd like to have people like you around here, no matter what other people say.
There will always be people who won't like you. But on the other hand, doesn't that happen in real life too?
Doesn't that happen to more people on this board then just you?
I'm sure there will be people who won't like me either. But I don't care. Those people I will just ignore.

And what I meant by the "people don't care if you leave or not" comment was that people won't always see you as somebody close. But that is the negative part of talking to others on the Internet. You lack the physical contact.
So everybody stays at a certain distance.

But if you'd just be yourself, and stop feeling so attacked by every comment made to you, I'm absolutely positive that you AND a lot of other around here would have a good time reading your posts and replies.

Well, that's how I think. And I honestly hope that it's worth something to you.

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
Shadowfax: i read your reply before, but couldn't express my opinion about (for obvious reasons).....but now it has been brought to the subject......well

:headbang:

kuulani

Shadowfax said:
Too bad you missed my very emotional and serious post in there...that was about the longest post ever from me....

Shadow ... that was a lovely post ... that's why I love you. And you were so totally right ... I come here for the people too: you, Nixy, flurf, Q, greenie, luis, leslie, steve, puter, justintime, prof's wiseass & rob's wiseass. i wish gato came around more, i miss him.

:D

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
kuulani said:
Shadow ... that was a lovely post ... that's why I love you. And you were so totally right ... I come here for the people too: you, Nixy, flurf, Q, greenie, luis, leslie, steve, puter, justintime, prof's wiseass & rob's wiseass. i wish gato came around more, i miss him.

i wish some other members would come here as well.

Shadowfax

<b>mod cow</b>
Thanks for digging that one up, Justintime!

I really felt bad because it was removed. It never took me so long to type a post :D

But I really meant what I said :)

Thanks again!

kuulani

That's actually the first long post I really read :D

When other people on other sites used to post their longass rambling stories, I would only skim through it ;)

samcurry

Screwing with the code...
Staff member
I am with Ku'u on the message too. its one of the first long post ive really read in a long time.

HomeLAN

kuulani said:
Shadowfax said:

What, I don't have a wiseass? Wait a minute, if I'm not a wiseass does that make me a dumbass? Damn, Ku'u just called me a dumbass. ;)

Professur said:
I just wanna throw out that I like the idea of the admin having a second account to post with. Provided that the admin account is kept for just that. Admin.

I fully agree with that.

kuulani

HomeLAN said:
What, I don't have a wiseass? Wait a minute, if I'm not a wiseass does that make me a dumbass? Damn, Ku'u just called me a dumbass. ;)

Oops, was I that obvious? :p

Stop Laughing

Hey kuu, what am I, chopped liver? BTW, you still haven't been able to bitchslap me yet, it took GOD ALMIGHTY himself to get me. :p

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
Actually, SL I thought of you more as chicken salad... :p :D :cocktail:

Now that that's over, I'd like to say this...

. We don't need you here, and it doesn't take much to get yourself a bad reputation, or make yourself a target of 'cheap shots' by others. I have been warned about personal attacks, and heeded those warnings. I have also tried to bring a little humor to some areas in order to stop the constant, and unneccesary, bickering on this, and other boards. [/siz]

Definitions:

Cretin

/kret'in/ or /kree'tn/ n. Congenital loser; an obnoxious person; someone who can't do anything right. It has been observed that many American hackers tend to favor the British pronunciation /kret'in/ over standard American /kree'tn/; it is thought this may be due to the insidious phonetic influence of Monty Python's Flying Circus.

half-wit (hfwt, häf-)

n. Slang
A foolish or stupid person.
in·sti·gate Pronunciation Key (nst-gt)
tr.v. in·sti·gat·ed, in·sti·gat·ing, in·sti·gates

1. To urge on; goad.
2. To stir up; foment.

Instigator

n 1: someone who deliberately foments trouble; "she was the instigator of their quarrel" [syn: provoker, inciter, instigant, firebrand] 2: a person who initiates a course of action [syn: initiator]

"Static...Don't start none, won't be none..."James Brown

kuulani

Stop Laughing said:
Hey kuu, what am I, chopped liver? BTW, you still haven't been able to bitchslap me yet, it took GOD ALMIGHTY himself to get me. :p

Will this work instead? :spank: